Thursday, October 18, 2007

Crazy 8's

My cousin Alicia tagged me a few weeks ago, okay so it's probably been a month ago, to do these Crazy 8's and I'm just now getting to it. Some I needed more than 8, others I struggled to find 8. Don't take these to be written in stone - I'm a flake and they'll change daily.

8 Things I'm Passionate About
1. Dax
2. Alivia and Gage
3. Creating beautiful things
4. Taking pictures of my kids - capturing the moments to remember
5. Trying to be clean and organized
6. Decorating my house
7. Making my parents, grandparents, parents-in-law proud
8. Being a good mom and wife
9. Not having picky eaters at my house - I know that’s 9.

8 Things I want to do before I die
1. Go to Japan with Dax - I mean someone has to speak the Japanese!
2. Become a better cook
3. Finish the basement!:)
4. Watch my kids go on missions and get married in the Temple.
5. Become a better “journaler”- yes it’s a word
6. Own my own piano
7. Be as good of a friend and mother to my daughters as my mom is to me (loved this one Alicia)
8. Find the perfect pair of jeans!

8 Things I say often
1. “Are you kidding me?!!”
2. “Stop jumping on the couch, bed, table, etc...”
3. “Because I said so.”
4. "Seriously."
5. “If you want something, how do you ask me?"
6. "Oh please...”
7. "Did you look before you asked me?”
8. "Frankly,..."

8 Books I've recently read
1. Twilight - yes I’m one of those girls.
2. Eclipse - still one of those girls.
3. Plain Truth
4. A Thousand Splendid Suns
5. Harry Potter - Deathly Hallows
6. A long way gone
7. B.O.M.
8. People, Us, Star and the Readers Digest

8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over
1. "Loathing" - Wicked soundtrack
2. "Fix You” - Coldplay (okay anything Coldplay)
3. "For Good" - Wicked soundtrack
4. “Life is a Highway" -John Cochrane
5. "Little Wonders" - Rob Thomas (okay anything by Rob Thomas or Matchbox 20)
6. "Ice Cream" - Sarah McLachlan (okay anything Sara McLachlan)
7. "Save the Last Dance" - Michael Buble
8. Anything my kids sing - okay maybe not the theme song to Sponge Bob Square Pants - but any primary song.

8 Things that Attract Me to My Best Friends
1. Not talking for months, and picking up right where we left off
2. Being able to share the highs and lows of being a mom and a wife
3. Being able to share your birthing stories and having real sympathy
4. The fact that you can tell them the same story twice and they still respond like they’ve never heard it before.
5. When they remember my kids’ birthdays
6. When they remember my birthday
7. When you can vacation together, all in one house, for 5 days and 6 kids, and all still come out friends
8. Friends that can tell you you have spinach in your teeth, or that your hair needs to be dyed, or to stop buying shirts that are seafoam green - thanks K.

8 things I've learned in the last year
1. Money isn’t happiness.
2. Sometimes a bigger car really IS the answer.
3. I can function on 4 hours of sleep - not well, but it can be done.
4. My family will probably never all live in the same state.
5. I can be organized - for a few hours at a time.
6. I don’t get enough alone time with my husband
7. Everything can’t be cleaned and organized, washed and fed, paid and bought all at the same time.
8. I am a better mom and wife than I was this time last year.

8 People that I think should do "8"
1. Laurie
2. Jami
3. Krista
4. Megan
5. Mom
6. Lindy
7. Brooke - if you’re out there
8. Shandi - I know you’re out there

7 comments:

Laurie said...

Hi Breya, I liked your list. I will respond after our primary program, when I can think about something other than primary! Yikes, it's next Sunday.

Unknown said...

Shoot. I knew if I looked your were gonna tag me. I think I actually have to have a blog to Crazy 8 on. I thought yours was cute though! I am happy that Livi is loving school ang that she is fine to leave you. What a happy little girl! I didn't know she got to ride the bus. That is huge! I think you are a great mom and we are all in search of the perfect pair of jeans. I'll let you know if it ever happens! love ya,Meg
(It says Jenny but it is really me!)

THE CROMAR FAMILY said...

But you look really good in Seafoam Green!

K

Jami said...

This is going to take me awhile to respond to. I am actually going to have to think about things other than diapers and potty training (not that I am not passionate about both...)

Lindy said...

I did it, I did it!

P.S. Like 'the cromar family' I agree that you would look good in seafoam green, your eyes especially.

Laurie said...

Hey, come home. I need an update. Hope you had a fun time apple pickin'. I guess you realized I forgot to email you the pic. I'm a loser.

Creative Corner said...

Breya,

I am a looser! I am really sorry that I have not gotten back to you before now! I did get the acorns, ment to send you an email and it is still on my to do list that I have not looked at the past week and a half. It has been vinyl, vinyl, vinyl, hair bows, El Bow Maker, vinyl, kids, vinyl! I am grateful for my little business' but at this time of year it makes me crazy! The price sounds great, to bad only three people have signed up! THey are like my cutest project! Now I just have to find some glitter and we will be good to go! I cant tell you how much I appreciate it. I am not sure if I have your address still. Can you send it to me! AGAIN THANKS!