Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Happiest Saddest Day











So off she goes like a big girl. When did she get so big? Livi started Preschool this week. She's all business - she puts on her backpack and off she goes, yelling "bye mom" over her shoulder. Her first day the class went on a field trip to the pumpkin patch, so not only did she get to go to school, she got to ride a bus and pick out a pumpkin. What a day! I asked her what she did at school, and she just gave me a look and said, "Oh, just lots of stuff mom." Of course, I'm the one whose trying not to cry as I'm pulling out of the parking lot. It's already weird enough that her preschool is at Mary MacPherson Elementary. I went there from 3-5th grade. I still very distinctly remember playing soccer on the big field with David Archibald and Chad Coleman. I mean Mrs. Hasenrhl, Mrs. Pfaff, and Mrs. Aleksich changed my life for good. K- just now as I'm reading the names of my elementary teachers, you might think that I'd gone to some elementary school in Germany. I'd never noticed that - and just for the record I did spell them all correctly! So my point is, when did I get so old?
Anyway, she's doing great, and to top it all off, it's 4 days a week 2 1/2 hours a day! I mean what am I going to do with that kind of time?! I'm sure I'll find something. Gage is all the sudden taking really long naps while the house is quiet. I'm sure he thinks he's gone deaf! Anyway, it's great for everyone, but with dance and school I'm beginning to feel like a chauffeur. Next it will be soccer - a soccer mom, yikes!


Not to be outdone by Livi's milestones, Gage has two brand new, bright white, very sharp bottom teeth. They could not be cuter, and he uses them on everything, including while kissing his mom. They make him look too big, but he's just so dang cute you can't be too sad he's growing. My mom has just started referring to him as Little Dax. It just seems each day he looks more like his dad, which is okay in my book. Although, the other day he spent the evening with our good friends the Moorhouse's and they put him in a pink outfit to wear home. Dax about came unglued, but we came to the conclusion that he'd make a pretty darling little girl too!
He's trying to crawl, but mostly he just yells, and his sister just pushes his toys closer to him. He's figured out he doesn't have to learn to crawl- just yell louder! I think my days are numbered though, and one of these days he just going to take off.
Enjoy the pics.




And here's just some of the kids I took the other day. Yes, it looks like it was chaotic, and it was. Neither one wanted to especailly 'hang out' with the other one!



3 comments:

Laurie said...

It is hard to send kids off to school, but "oh" how quickly you get used to your time! She looks like such a big girl. P.S. I love the pumpkin arrangement in your planter. So Cute.

Laurie said...

Hey, I want to see that cutie's first tooth. Post a pic! I have a strange love of kids with new teeth, I think they are so adorable!

Alane said...

You have the cutest kids. And you are a great blogger. I can just hear you talking. Great stuff.