Yesterday, after preschool she's quietly sitting on the couch watching her DVD player, and I mention quietly because that should probably have been my first clue that she was up to something. Pretty soon I see her run for the bathroom and slam the door, also not alarming since lately she waits til the very last nano second to go potty, and then exlaims "Wow, mom that was close!!" from the bathroom. I hear her in there going "ouch, ouch, ouch my nose!" I'm assuming she's picked her nose and has made it bleed, which she also has a tendancy to do (I'm seeing a pattern in my kids' bad habits, we need to work on that...)Anyway, when I get in there to investigate the nose, I can't right off see anything wrong until I look at the outside and see this huge bulge on the side.
"What is in your nose Livi?!"
"A beeeeee!"
"A bee??!"
"No, a beeaaaaDDD!!"
Now I can see it, or more specifically the hole of the bead, and the protruding nostril now makes sense. Let me just qualify that the bulge is not in the fleshy nostril part of her nose, but up in the bridge part. I mean she gave it a really good shove! I grab her hand and run down to Dax's office. "Livi has shoved a bead up her nose!!"
The look that Dax gives me cannot be described, only that I've seen it several times before, unfortunately. It's that look of pure amazement that he has given me authorized authority to be in charge of the kids for the better part of their day and this is what happens on my watch!! "She did what?" (imagine the look.) He carries her upstairs while I go hunt down a crochet hook, or some other fishing object to release the foreign object. All the sudden it comes to my brain - the Knifty Knitter Hook!! For those of you who don't know what a Knifty Knitter Hook looks like I'll try and track down a picture for you, but for those of you who do know (Alane, Alicia, mom, Meg etc.) you will know just how ingenious I think I am at this point.

So, Dax pins her down on the couch and I proceed to "hook" the offending bead, and extract it. Not without some major complaints from the patient, but pure relief when she sees it on the end of the hook. All is well - just another day at the Fujimoto house. I'm sure tomorrow will be something else.
I do want the record to reflect that now that all is said and done, Dax did admit that this desire to shove things up ones nose may come from his side of the family. Apparently, or so the story goes, that as a child Dax thought that peas where better suited for the nasal cavity instead of the stomach. I wish that I would have been told this story sooner so that perhaps I could watch for the signs in my own children. Any comments from those who may have witnessed Dax in the act would be greatly appreciated, since he's pretty sure that it was only 1 pea. I'm sure his memory fails him...
These are days to remember...
7 comments:
Just for the record - it was more than 1 pea - several!! Just when we thought we had them all...the next day he was riding with his dad on the motorcycle behind our mobile home and guess what.....the vibration from the ride produced 3 more!! Now if you think that is crazy - The previous week he had tried a rock - yes you got that right a rock - well I guess he learned a little bit of a lesson, but not enough - he simply tried something a little softer!! Yes I will admit that Miss Alivia is definitly daddy's little girl!!
NO SHE DIDN'T!!!!!!!!!!! That is great, well at least that will prove to Dax that he is no doubt the daddy!!
You are hilarious! And so glad to hear our household isn't the only one dealing with such insane antics. Ellie at age 7. Did you see- age 7, stuck a button up her nose. And, I am pretty certain that tendency comes from Jeff's side as well. "Never a dull moment"
Hi Breya!
I stumbled across your blog when I was looking for some things for ours :) Anyway, it was fun getting to see your family and peek at what you've been up to!
Hugs,
mistie (tolman) kindall
Breya, I always knew you were KNIFTY!! At our house it was a navy bean in Steven's nose and I think he also tried raisens.
Keep up the great blogging!
That is so hillarious. I am cracking up. I am really glad I found a new blogging freind and you have so many creative ideas (I can tell) I know who to hit up when I am figuring out new holiday decorations (wich I badly need).
SORRY for taking so long to respond right now I am CRAZY busy and Sat is the Super Saturday in which I realized I dont know how to really glitter acorns. I am going to try to look it up on line but I will probably try calling you tomorrow...and I can trade you for vinyl would LOVE to. Dont know if you wanted a complete board or just the vinyl. Let me know.
Thanks again!
This is hilarious Breya! I'm glad Livy's okay... so what I want to know is, Did you keep the bead to use on some future project? AND if you did, will you be telling the recipient of the gift exactly were the bead has been??LOL
Post a Comment