

So meet the newest babies at our house. Livi and I watched Martha Stewart the other morning, (and let me just clarify that I very rarely watch Martha anymore - I know I'm a creative person, but Martha hardly ever inspires me - ). Anyway, she had this girl on from Etsy who makes these rag dolls and is making some big six figure salary selling them online. Livi thought they were so cute and wanted to make one asap. The pattern was on marthastewart.com, and I printed it off and off we went. Liv and I spent the afternoon picking out what color dress and tights she was going to wear out of the mountain of fabric I have in my collection. We also picked out the flower for her hair and beads for earrings. I finally talked her into letting her have black hair like hers, although it was quite a battle since Liv wanted to give her purple hair. I guess you always want what you can't have!
It was a really simple pattern, and she turned out so cute we made one for cousin Lily too. Liv named hers Clara and has packed it around almost everywhere. We've even had to retrieve it a couple times after she got left - very tramatic. Gage has been packing it around too, saying 'baby, baby' and giving it lots of kisses. Dax isn't thrilled he's been packing a dolly around - to that I say too bad, it makes him sensitive!
Anyway, I wish it was me who was making millions off such a simple idea. My idea is still out there - I just need to narrow the field!
5 comments:
Those are so cute I can hardly stand it. Sewing is like chewing glass to me, so I just ran out and bought Avery one. But, not nearly as cute as the homemade version. Make a couple extra and you could give them as Birthday gifts to Liv's little girlies.
P.S the bow is my favorite touch! of course.
They really are so cute B, and even cuter in real life!! I wish I had your talent to make things like that look easy!
Those dolls are darling! I want to make Jennica one now.
Adorable! I want to make more!
wow those are the cutest dolls I've ever seen!
Post a Comment