Monday, August 25, 2008

And She's OFF!



Today was the first day of Preschool for Liv, and it's about time. She's been waiting and waiting, backpack packed, outfit picked, and new earrings ready to go for about a week. It's been a long wait for me too, I hardly know what to do with my self at 12:45 when Livi goes out the door, and Gage goes down for a nap - the house is pure silence, and after the busy summer that we've had, that seems like some modern-day miracle around here.

Livi practiced writing her name last night and worried that she didn't quite know how to do 'pluses' yet (I think she means addition). I assured her that she knew everything she needed to know to head out for class, and soon enough she'll be doing calculus!

What a big girl - I'll miss you until 3:15!


And not to be outdone - Gage had to get his cheese in too!

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Ah, what a glorious day for you. I remember that feeling of having some peace and quiet for the first time around the house. Nothing sounds better. That is a gorgeous picture of a beautiful girl! She looks very ready for her day. Wish her luck for me.

P.S Does she have her ears pierced?
My girls will be very jealous

Jami said...

So fun!! I can't believe our little ones are growing up so fast!

Fujitales said...

No, no ear piercing yet, just some really fun clip-ons that she picked out the other day at Claires. She's way to big of a wimp for that yet!!

Krissy said...

Amen about the peace and quiet!

Camille said...

Oh how exciting! Free time while they're gone is so great.

I miss em sometimes too.

. said...

Hey there old friend! Your little ones are SO adorable! My Sami started kindergarten this year - and was very anxious to do so - she'd been waiting since the day she turned 5 (back in May). I need to catch up on my posts. Hope you don't mind me adding yours to my list so I can see how you're all doing! Take care! Stephanie