Sunday, August 17, 2008

Redfish Lake 2008





So another year of Redfish Lake has come and gone. It's funny how we all look forward to it like it's some dream vacation, when in reality it's kinda hard to put your finger on what draws us back year after year. I mean, it's tent camping, which includes lots of sand, bugs and dirt, a smoky fire, which you need to stay warm before the sun makes itself useful, the bathroom is 2 blocks away, and has no warm water, the showers are 2 miles away, and cost a handful of quarters before it spits ice cold water on your soapy body, there's no McDonalds or any other basics for 18 month olds or 4 year olds, oh and the lake is only just above freezing on a good day, so taking a swim takes all of ones resolve and the promise of dry towels and warm clothes when you race back to shore.



So why is it we keep coming back?-- the view




the food, the family,








and the fun!

















So a few highlights of this year's trip:


~ watching Andy and Saramarie exit their tent every morning. Andy equated it to a rhino giving birth.

~ enjoying all the free time I had while Livi played with all the cousins


~ Belle the golden retriever fetching the stick in the lake, and then shaking on Aunt Alane


~ Dax's face when he dove into the lake - priceless, although he seems to think he may be sterile now


~ Gage singing when you'd pull him in the wagon


~ the moon rising over the lake and counting shooting stars


~ snuggling with my kids in the warm tent after the sun came up


~ listening to Andy quote movies that we'd never seen, but laughing at him just the same


~ Phillip wind surfing and making it look so easy


~ cousin Neil on the tube behind the boat


~ cousin Wyatt trying to walk down to the water with the scuba flippers on


~ Grandma figuring out how to get free fish food from the machine


~ Phillip putting Neil's Blue's Rap to music


~ Livi eating smores


~ Mimi and kids on a treasure hunt for trash and green moss


~ Gage driving the boat


~ all the family around the fire


~ crafts on the beach


~ Grandpa's old jokes


~ Wes sewing the hole in his swim trunks


~ Gage throwing a million rocks into the lake


~ watching Melanie out hike, out windsurf, out wakeboard and basically outcamp all of us at 13 weeks pregnant


~ Livi and Boone paddling the surf board together


~ reading sleazy gossip mags on the beach


All this makes for one great family reunion - be sure we'll all be back again next year!!



By the way, when is the Fujimoto Family Reunuion?!

7 comments:

Laurie said...

This is such a fun post. And, yes you are a better woman than I for camping as long as you did. I must admit Red Fish looks gorgeous! And to top it off with family fun, traditions, and good times all around...what more could you ask for? I love the pic with Dax and the kiddos, so cute.

Krissy said...

It is definitely gorgeous up there. Camping always turns out a bit more fun than it sounds, huh? Your pics are so cute...so,did you get it? Call me so we can talk cameras!

Alane said...

Hey, Breya! Such great pics! We had a great time... and already miss it. Thanks for all the sharing...Belle misses your kids!

Camille said...

The pictures look so nice! We've never been to redfish lake. Maybe next summer will be the one!

Brittnie said...

Looks like a great trip! I was so bummed that we weren't able to go the week everyone else was there. And I would've loved to see Neil in a tube and Grandma attacking the fish food machine-so awesome!

Jessica said...

Breya - you and Dax have such adorable kids. I like checking your blog on occasion.

- Jessica & Kevin Flamm -

Erick and Megan said...

Great pictures. I don't know how I missed this post. I was so excited about the dolls! It makes me a little misty just seeing what I missed!