

We got new carpet upstairs. We apparently had no idea what nice carpet is, until we got this. It's dark, and that made me nervous at first, but I love it now and the fact that you can't tell where Livi spilled cough syrup - priceless.


We also got new blinds in every room. Yes, we were those white trash people who still had paper blinds in the windows 4 years later! We love being able to actually change in front of our windows, although Dax never saw it as a deterent, our neighbors are especially happy for us!


We finished my craft room downstairs. We even laid the carpet ourselves - okay so we just bought a remnant and cut it to fit, but it was a lot harder that you'd think. Of course this is the before picture - I'm embarrassed to even take a picture of what it looks like today - well used!
Livi took swimming lessons. Although I'm not sure she learned much, since she refused to put her face in the water and jump off the edge. Oh well, maybe next year, she looked cute in her swimming suit and that's really all that's important right?
Mom entered Andy and Saramarie's wedding quilt in a quilting show. No awards, but it got rave reviews. Now maybe Andy and Saramarie can actually take it home and put it on their own bed, I mean after all they were married 2 years ago!!

Cute kids in the park, pretty much all summer. I don't know who the girl is that is standing next to Livi - she just volunteered to be in the pictu
re too!

Me, Dax and my mom went to the Twin Falls Temple open house. Such a beautiful temple, although kind of a weird feeling to be taking a tour throught the temple with a guy wearing all black, with a long ponytail and Metallica Rules t-shirt on, not to mention his Harley Davidson tattoos. I'm not here to judge, just to observe!!

Dax got Lasik - finally! Now his 20/15 vision has given him a totally new lease on life, including buying a really nice pair of sunglasses! He's totally a Lasik salesman now, if you need a consultant, he's your guy. Watch out mom and dad, and Brenda and Shiro - he'll be out to convert you all next!


Now ya see 'em... Now ya don't!

Gage thought he could come to Florida with us!
Carter
September 2001 - May 2008
We miss you. We still look for you and pray for you everynight. Simon will never be the same without his best buddy. Thanks for loving us as much as we love you. We'll see you in heaven.





10 comments:
What a great post, a whole summer in one sitting. I so wish I lived closer so I could share in all those things with you and not have to read about them later. I especially love hearing about Dax's lasix. I guess he would sell me on it too. And, even though there are bigger can lovers than myself, I am sad for you, Dax and Carter. Boo Hoo.
Once again you are a great blogger. But when I came to the part about your little sweet cat, that really got to me. I am a cat lover to be sure and I know what an impact they have on you when they are suddenly gone. Today I will be sad for the loss of your little cat friend.
I love the picture of Gage getting into the suitcase. I don't blame him though--I wanted to go too!
Umm, I meant "cat" lover not "can" lover. That's what happens to me when I blog at 7:00 a.m.
Great pictures and so much exciting new stuff. My favorite lol moment was seeing the pic of the girl who just joined he picture... that is so awesome.
Have to say I got teary with the Carter post! Busy summer, I'm so glad you added all those pics. And you are so right about the swim suit thing. That's all that matters!
Awesome post. That's what I need to do since it's been months since I've added to my blog. I think you caught us all up...or did you miss something? hmmm...I just feel like there was some news missing. Maybe next blog...I'm watching :)
Seriously? It's January. Can't count the number of times I have checked here.
Ditto to my LAST post a week ago! Just kidding, I know you have some drama around there!
Officially last time I am looking without a formal invite to do so!
Post a Comment