Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Las Vegas Here We Come!

So I've been meaning to post these pictures since January, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Our good friends the Cromar's invited us to share in their weekend getaway to Vegas a few weeks ago. It was such a relaxing weekend without the kids and a nice break from the everyday grind. We all acted like teenagers, staying out late, sleeping in and gambling all our money away and gorging ourselves at buffets. It was great - thanks Krista and Cromar for sharing your weekend with us!

We started the weekend by touring the Luxor Hotel and Casino where we went to the Bodies Display. It was totally amazing to see these bodies, without skin. You can't believe how complicated and intricate all the systems are, and the differencese between the male and female body including the size of the blatter!



As exciting as the bodies were the most exciting sighting of the weekend happened in the girls bathroom. Of course, because K and I are both preggos, we found ourselves in about every bathroom in Vegas, but in this particular one we ran into Holly Madison from The Girls Next Door. Now I know that I should be embarassed that I know who she is, but come on, who doesn't. We of course followed her out of the bathroom and into the arms of Criss Angel - I promise, no lie. Of course, the boys wouldn't believe us. We told them that they needed to start hanging out in ladies restrooms.

We got tickets to go see The Beatles LOVE by Cirque Du Soleil - which was totally incredible. The music and the acrobats were amazing a total overload of all the senses. The baby loved the music and grooved through the whole show.














The boys went to the movies while us preggos went and got much needed massages. We visted our good friends Adam and Brittany Greene who I haven't seen since two kids ago and caught up on old times. We found ourselves at the much talked about brunch at the Belagio, where I went straight for the desserts and Dax headed for the prime rib and shrimp and the huge Asian pears.











We then did some casino hopping - from the Belagio

Yes, this is chocolate pouring from the ceiling - yummo.

We then visited the Wynn.

The boys then wanted to ride the Big Shot at the top of the Stratosphere, where I hear Cromar screamed like a girl! Us girls went to find some penny slots, and waited for the boys. We all watched the end of the Super Bowl and witnesses several near fist fights since the home team didn't win. But really, who's actually from Vegas?


We ended the night with a trip downtown to watch the light show on the overhead big screen.



Our geeky husbands wanted to check out Binnion's Horseshoe to see if they could run into any of the World Series of Poker winners - no luck. Sorry boys.


By the end of the weekend we were missing our kids and had lost all our money, so we were ready to go home. Thanks again to the Cromars for letting us play with you. I also want to send a huge thank you out to mom and dad for rearranging your weekend so you could watch our crazies, and to Andy and Saramarie for pitching in to let mom and dad off the hook for a night. We owe you all big time - thanks again.

2 comments:

laurie said...

Are you kidding me...you never told me you saw Holly Madison! I love to hear about all star sightings (even "the girls next door")The trip looks like a blast, and I'm glad you were able to make it work and still go. Yay. By the way, you look so good! Such a cute preggo.

Megs said...

No pictures of Adam Greene? Man I haven't seen him since Ricks. Glad you guys had fun. I'm jealous.