Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

I just wanted to send out a great big thank you to all my friends that made my birthday so great a couple of weeks ago.
Mom was so nice to take Liv to dance class and let me have a couple of hours to myself. So I did what any other birthday girl does for herself...shop. And this is what I brought home--


If these don't scream spring is on it's way, I don't know what does. Although the day I bought them it was snowing, and I still haven't been brave enough to put away the long skirts of winter and break out my white legs from hiding - I'm feeling it will be very soon. And the great thing about good taste is that both my sisters bought themselves a pair too. We promised we wouldn't wear them on the same day... so embarassing.


Thank you to Laurie for the beautiful flowers she sent. She's such a great friend, and even though we live 5 states away and haven't seen each other in awhile, we talk on the phone almost everyday and cover all the very most important things in life. We hope to someday be next door neighbors so we can do lunch everyday and decorate each others houses. Thank you too for even recognizing my birthday since your birthday present, and christmas present for that matter, are still sitting on my counter in the laundry room destined to someday get to the post office... I promise I will send them soon!


Thank you to Dax for the frivolous phone you bought me for my birthday. I know it was a complete splurge, and the fact that it's Bella's phone from Twilight just makes me a complete dork - but I love it, even thought the technology is 4 years old, and I continually miss calls because the antena isn't as good as the new ones-- there is a price for fashion and I'm willing and ready to pay. Thank you for dinner and the gifts from the kids, and making me not regret the fact that I'm a year older but definately not any wiser. I love you.

And last but not least, thank you to my girls for the unexpected night on the town and slumber party. Dinner was fantastic, especially the cake and ice cream part, and a night away from the kids and hubby was such a fun treat. Thank you, thank you. Here's to many more birthdays and many more years of friendship and girl getaways.

6 comments:

Rani said...

Love the shoes! And sweet phone! I had no idea there was a special Bella phone!

heather said...

What a fun birthday. Those shoes are awesome! Happy Birthday from the Hansens.

Krissy said...

Cute shoes! Thanks for being born so we could celebrate with ya!

Laurie said...

Ok, first I have never heard of a Bella phone.(very cool) Is it because I'm not a huge twillight lover or have I missed something huge. Second, your shoes are absolutely darling. Third, I wish I could of joined in on your friends celebration G.N.O...they sure know how to do a birthday right.

doug said...

Hi Brea: Happy March Birthday to you too. Your family is beautiful. Even Dax is cool . . . . We go to see Laur and the Andersons in April for the twins (and Heffy's) Birthdays.
I'm a shoe nut too!
Best wishes,
Doug

Jami said...

It was so fun celbrating w. you! have more b-days please.