Tuesday, August 18, 2009

10 years later...

10 years ago we looked like this...



(first date)


and this...


Dax did this...


and then gave me this...

so we did this...
we took a job here...


and moved into here...



bought this...


got transferred to here...

and built this...

got a couple of these...

did a little bit of this...



moved closer to these people...


had 3 of these...


and now look like this...





After 10 years, I still feel happiness and relief when you walk through the door after a day of work.
After 10 years, I've come to realize that we fight so passionately, because we love each other so passionately.
After 10 years, I admire you more than any person I've ever known.
After 10 years,
we finally have a finished house with a finished basement, which buys you at least another 10.
After 10 years, I've learned that you are never going to be comfortable sleeping under the sheets.

After 10 years, we've learned to split the difference on the thermostat, pretty much.
After 10 years, I know the whole soulmate connection isn't just idle talk.
After 10 years, there isn't any person I'd rather just do absolutely nothing with.
After 10 years, the inside jokes just get funnier and funnier.
After 10 years,
I realize meeting you was the greatest stroke of love and fate I'll ever know.

Thank you for the happiest 10 years of my life. I love you baby. Happy annivesary.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

this is the best post ever! and, you and dax look so cute...then and now.

Krissy said...

Awww, sweet. Happy Anniversary!

Julie said...

sniff, sniff...very touching and I love the pictures through the years!!! Happy Anniversary!

Erick and Megan said...

I think those are the two best posts I have ever seen! I love them! Van and his tongue are adorable! I didn't do an anniversary post this year and now I think I definately have to copy yours and do one! So great!