Tuesday, May 6, 2014

And just like that...


 he turned 5.
He used to be so little, and now he's getting so big. How did that happen so fast? He's the nicest 5 year old I know, always willing to share or include whoever wants to play. He's so friendly he makes new friends wherever he goes. He's quick to give a hug and when he laughs you can't help yourself from laughing right along with him. He's so smart and such a thinker. He's such a good big brother, and little brother too. He knows what is right and has such a good heart.

 He can't wait to head off to kindergarten next year and join the kids at the elementary school, and I could not be more sad about it. I'm not ready for him to join the big kid world. I just want to forever see him outside riding his scooter or bike as fast as his legs will carry him, or hear him downstairs jumping and laughing as he plays full body contact Wii. I want to sit and have french fries for lunch and listen to his theories on batteries and make him peanut butter and banana sandwiches forever.  Can't he just stay little - is that really too much to ask?

Happiest of birthday and much love on this your special day and everyday buddy. 















And just a couple pics from your birthday, including out to dinner with Mimi and Poppy and presents.  Dad is out of town, but will be here for the big bash on Saturday.





2 comments:

mommaj said...

And it does happen just like that, suddenly the youngest is in the Philippines. How I would love to have those little boys and girls back . . . for the weekend! Nicely written . . . keep writing

alane said...

oh the lament of a mommy that loves her kids. I have sung this song myself and it didn't work not one wit! He is a darling boy, headed to darling school boy, darn it!