Monday, August 25, 2014

And They're Off

It's going to be a good year. Everyone was so excited about their teachers and this morning there were no tears or anxious kids, just excitement and ready to get this thing started. Bring it on 2014-15!!

I'm in total denial that I have a fifth grader and this is her last year at elementary school. She's such a beautiful girl and so responsible and so ready to do this thing called 5th grade. 




Oh and having your BFF in your class doesn't hurt either. Watch out boys, they're gonna break some hearts!


And then there's this guy. He used to be my shy, anxious, cling to my leg and cry for weeks at the thought of school kinda kid. Those days are loooong gone.  He couldn't shake his picture taking mom soon enough today. He came home and told me that he's still the fastest runner in second grade. He challenged the second fastest runner to a race at recess today and could still beat him. He was glad he didn't lose any 'fastnest' over the summer!


Oh and I love his jack-o-lantern face! And I really hope second grade doesn't teach him how to say his r's. 


And finally, the guy who has been waiting his whole life to start kindergarten. He had his backpack on most of the morning and literally counted down the minutes to head out to the KINDERGARTEN PLAYGROUND!! It was officially his to play on. He met 5 new friends and thinks Colby will be his new best friend. 


He's convinced that although his shoes are awesome- they don't have springs in them and he's worried that he won't be able to jump as high as Colby. 


I think this kid is gonna be just fine!