

As it turns out grandma and grandpa were actually still in SLC waiting for grandpa to return from his trip from Alaska with Wes. We decided we would party at their house without them!
We put on our best red, white and blue and headed into town for the main event.
We headed back to the house for a picnic with Grandpa Bourne and Donna. It was an all American bbq with hamburgers, potato salad, peach cobbler and homemade ice cream.
The next day we decided to take a field trip to the Craters of the Moon. The kids were in total awe and couldn't believe a volcano actually existed in Idaho!

But the caves were the absolute highlight. I think my boys were born to be spelunkers.
And even though I haven't been there in years, it was just like I remembered it, hot and windy, but a good time was had by all.
We headed home and finished off the holiday with fireworks on the driveway.



Happy Birthday America!












No comments:
Post a Comment