
So it's been a while since I've posted, and believe me it's not because I have bloggers block by any means. I wish I had all the time in the world to sit and read and comment and post blogs all the live long day, but unfortunately I find myself exhuasted at the end of the day, and fall into bed instead of keeping up my blog. This is exactly why my journal goes by the wayside evertime I vow to be more dedicated, so this time I'm charging forward and posting this small blog about my most unfavorite three letter word just to get an entry in the book.
You wouldn't think that a word so small and relatively meaningless could cause me such heartache, frustration, anxiety, anger and frankly make me want to claw my own eyes out everytime I hear it, which, by the way, is hundreds, and I do mean hundreds of times a day. No, it is not the word THE, or AND, or even MOM, and to all of you moms out there who have a 3 year old you may already know which word I'm referring to. WHY. Why is the word. It may as well be a swear word for the way that it makes me feel evertime I hear it. It starts from the moment her feet hit the floor in the morning, until she finally crashes at night, the word why flows from her mouth every second like it is her lifeline and if she doesn't use it every minute her brain will automatically shut off and all of the knowledge she has obtain upto the ripe old age of 3 will suddenly just vanish. At this point, I've determined meaningful and thoughtful answers to this little question are no longer appreciated. No matter how intelligent and logical the answer is, it will still be asked again tomorrow or in 10 minutes or even before I can get out the response. Because I said so, has become my answer of choice, which, suprisingly enough, is not satisfactory either, and only seems to spur on the questions.
There is no rhyme or reason behind the whys, only that they are frequent and require an immediate response. I hope to someday soon be through this phase, but my heart tells me to fear what phase may come next, it may be worse...
5 comments:
I just settle on the" I don't know" answer to every why question. No wonder the kids all think Jeff is so much smarter than I am. But, at the end of the day I don't care because it gets me out of the questions with ease.
Breya, I need your email. Not that I have anything important to send but, I feel the need to pass on a few trivial emails to you. Mine is lauriecanderson@gmail.com
No, I couldn't open the cafe' Rio recipes. If you get a sec, would you send them again. Thank you so much!
Breya, I feel your pain. I just start giving Makai the look of death when he asks so many questions. "Don't worry about it" is becoming one of my favorite responses. WHY drives me crazy!!!
Here's one for you...just lob it back at her and say...HMMM, what do you think? Might cause a pause...or maybe not! Loved your logic though. Hang on, birthday four is not that far away and you will receive a whole new little person! HANG TIGHT!
Post a Comment