
So we just got back from our shopping and pampered filled, domino playing, laying around and eating weekend extravaganza in Phoenix, AZ. My best girly girls, Krista, Jami, Krissy and honorary baby member Stella headed for an all-girl weekend without stinky husbands and whining kids. It was absolutely delightful. We started off the weekend with pedicures and headed out to dinner at a yummy mexican restaurant, after trying on Uncle Ron's goofy hats. Some days I really wonder how we all managed to get married - we really are dorks!



We spent the next two days shopping at Arizona Mills Outlets and the local flea market til we literally dropped, eating In'n'Out burgers and staying up late playing dominoes and talking about girl stuff. For some reason we found it important to assign each of us new responsibilities while on vacation - Krista was named the pilot, and Jami was named the navigator (she took her job very seriously), I was the secretary and Krissy was the water bottle opener (we didn't take our assignments seriously enough according to upper management...), did I mention we're dorks?



Here are a few other funnies I wrote down throughout the weekend:
"I want someone else to do it, I'm on vacation." - Krista
"I'm really excited about the Rollo ball." - Krissy
"Just sit there and look pretty, well, do the best you can."- Jami to Krissy
"You're unracked?"
"Winner takes the Rollo ball." - Krista
"Put the butt like the head." - Jami
"Do you sell t-shirts? No, we make sandwiches." - Breya to the Togo's guy
We had such a fun time, and like Krista said, although we're all different we all bring something to the table. I just wanted to take a minute and tell you what I learned from my friends.

Jami: She's taught me to want to have a better relationship with my husband. Jami and Jon talk 5 or 6 times everyday, and have learned to give each other constructive criticism without turning it into a fight. She's laid back, can get Krista to hustle, and makes us all laugh!

Krissy: She's made me want to be a better mom. Krissy is so patient with her kids and nothing seems to get her stressed. She's kind and genuinely interested in you and goes along with every plan. She's made me want to be skinnier and want to buy a Hot Tools ceramic curling iron!

Krista: She's taught me how to relax, to learn to take time for myself. She's taught me that you can take risks, even if it means opening up a restaurant with no prior experience. She's generous with her time, money and babysitting services. She makes me want to keep my house cleaner!
Thanks you guys for a well deserved weekend of fun. I hope I bring something to the table too. Thanks for your unconditional friendship, everyone should be so lucky!
What happens in Phoenix, stays in Phoenix! Sunshine Girls Rock!


3 comments:
That was such a nice post!! I had a blast (like I always do when we are together) and look forward to many more girls trips. I guess we can invite the hubbies once... but just once.
I loved the "lessons learned" from your friends. They all seem so nice. And, I could of guessed you were the one to ask about T-shirts at togo's. Dork. Just kidding! Sounds like a fantasic trip- one defintely deserved!!!
Looks like you had a blast! I can't wait to hear the story about some of those one liners! I think you got spammed too. :(
Post a Comment