I know this time of year we're supposed to reflect on the wonderful mother's that have brought us into this world, and I am no exception. I have a wonderful mom and so does Dax - so here's to you moms, thank you for all you've done for us.
But this year, I'd like to reflect on how great it is to be a mom. Five years of Mother's Days came and went before I was really able to celebrate being a mom with a baby of my own. I remember appreciating that first Mother's Day after Livi was born a little bit more, and feeling a little more respect to my own mother that year. A few more years went by and along came Gage into our home, jumping us past rookie parents status, and from playing zone to man to man defense. My kids have been the biggest challenge and joy of my life. There are some days I just have to will myself out of bed in the morning, but always somewhere during the day something makes it all worth it. I'm so glad to be a mom and to be able to raise such wonderful spirits. I know that they picked to come live with us, and that truly is an honor I'll never quite comprehend. I'm amazed everyday by the strength of their spirit and ability to love their parents unconditionally. I pray for the strength to raise them to know right and wrong and all the things that they need to live good lives, even though this task seems unsurmountable most days. We take it one day at a time, one dirty diaper at a time and one 3 year old tantrum at a time. I know I will look back when they are teenagers and long for the days of story time, or days at the park, or that a simple ice cream cone can fix just about anything, and wish for that time back. I don't want to waste a minute of it. So I'm off today, another day enjoying my time as a mom.
5 comments:
Beautiful Senitments Breya! I love it.
You are quite eloquent. Thanks for putting into words what the rest of us feel. Hoorah for being a mom! Love to you. (did I mention you are my favorite?)
Hey! I read that Alane! Your kids really are beautiful Bre. I even made their pictures big so I could gawk! I love Livi's hair, all wind blown and movie star. Can you save that dress for Lily? Thanks.
Oh did I mention that there have been no comments from you on my blog lately?!
Loved this post, I need to take more time to appreciate all that is most important to me but, definately challenging...motherhood! Thanks for doing just that. And, I love these pictures. I love how Gage is looking at Livi "that's my big sister" I could just gobble him up with smootches. I love that Livi is cracking just the tinest smile. What happens at this age that it's takes sheer magic to get the big 'ol smile back? I wish we were together so the girls could play!!
We just got Livi's recital invite. Of course, I wish we could see that cute little ballerina dance. Wish her good luck, and please post some pic's from the night. I'll call you later. I've got to go get my kids in the tub...bye, bye.
Post a Comment