Thursday, April 16, 2009

Just Because We Are Adults...

doesn't mean we have to act like it.



So, last night was a crazy night, with me running errands and getting home late, and Dax off to Home Depot the minute I walk in, so dinner was in shifts for the kids with hopes of a better meal than mac & cheese with hot dogs later on for us. Well, lately I haven't had much of an appetite, and Dax was busy in the basement, so around 10:30 we met at the fridge to see what we could scrounge up. I don't know about your fridge, but there was nothing appetizing in ours. So after a coupon search of the house, we came up with Dominoes pizza coupons, and ordered ourselves a large pepperoni with mushroom (all cares of heartburn right out the door) and a 2-liter Dr. Pepper. We made ourselves a picnic on the bed and with Dog the Bounty Hunter for entertainment - we dug in. I mean we didn't even bother with plates, and swigged the DP right out of the bottle. It was truly reminiscent of college nights, complete with a mad make-out session followed by some heavy petting.

Even thought we're old and pregnant, we can still act like irresponsible twenty-somethings. Thanks for a walk down memory lane. I think everyone needs to wake up to a stale box of pizza on the floor and a half-drunk bottle of soda next to the bed... it'll keep you young!

4 comments:

Jami said...

followed by a night of mexican...you are totally going into labor this weekend! :)

Maryland Madness said...

which part of your night was reminiscent of college...the pizza or the petting?

Fujitales said...

Oooh, I plead the 5th...

Laurie said...

Ummm....your mom reads this blog.

I wish we could do such a thing. But, Mr. clean would worry of staining the carpet, or worse, crumbs in bed. Someday though...a girl can dream, right. Ha.