Sunday, November 14, 2010

I'll Just Get to the Good Stuff...

Before I bore you with a post about all the things you missed in September and October (which will be a doozy), I'll go ahead and give you...

Halloween 2010
which is what you want to see anyway, right?




We tried our hardest to get Livi to be a Dr. Pepper or a small fry, but she wouldn't hear of it.  At first, she wanted to be Barbie, but couldn't tell me what a Barbie costume looked like.  As it turned out, all she wanted was the blonde wig.  Apparently having black hair, is not nearly as cool as having blonde hair.  I guess the grass is always greener...
Here's a quick wrap-up of the Halloween festivities. Carving pumpkins... very messy, very fun, and Livi learned that if you're not careful, you can accidentally flip pumpkin slime into your own mouth.  Ooooh gross.


We went to the annual ward party trunk-or-treat, where we mostly tried to stay warm in the barn...


and bowled with pumpkins,


and passed out candy from the car, Van was the official candy tester.


We went trick or treating at Poppy's office, a yearly favorite. We also went to Gigi's office, sorry no pics.


Van liked to hide between cubicles and we could only find him by the ballon bobbing over the walls.


He then stole an exercise ball out of one of the secretary's cubes and pushed it all over the office.  Does anyone else see the irony in the hamburger and the exercise ball?

And finally, we went to the Harvest Carnival at the elementary school, where we frosted sugar cookies...



and got scary tattoos.  All in all, we gathered pounds and pounds of candy and can't stop asking random people in the store trick or treat.  Gage still believes that if he goes knocking on doors at night, someone will give him candy.  I may be the only one who's glad this holiday only comes around once a year!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Ah, the wig turned out PERFECT! And, what great timing with the movie coming out soon. The boys look cute and warm!
You are not the only one glad it's over...I'm right there with you.