Monday, November 15, 2010

What you missed...

In September mom and I canned, and canned and canned.  We canned tomatoes and peaches and pears.
Sometimes I had good help, and sometimes I didn't.

In September we went on several field trips.  This one was with Livi's class to the Meridian High School Agricultural Fair.  I took my 2 sidekicks and we saw goats, and sheep and fish and chickens and bunnies, and lots of cows.

Gage's preschool class toured our local fire station.  All the kiddos were so worried that someone was going to turn the sirens on, they all walked around with their hands over their ears. I think we've got a couple of junior fire fighters on our hands, they're going to give you a run for your money Uncle Erick!

In October I threw a backyard Harvest Party.  We had beautiful weather, and we all sat outside and enjoyed the good company. After it turned cold, we all came inside to watch football and gossip and eat really yummy food.  We really do have great friends!

Megan came for a visit for a couple of weeks and brought a couple of our favorite cousins with her.  Since my party stuff was still up, we had Jenny's birthday party in the backyard.
While Megan was here, Gage's preschool went to the pumpkin patch, so they all joined us for a day of picking pumpkins.
 Van loved the corn box, the horses and the staw bale maze. Gage just loved the tractors, even though he pointed out that this one wasn't a John Deere.  This guy knows his tractors!
 Gage was on the hunt for the perfect green pumpkin.  I know, I don't get it either, but he was so proud when he finally found the perfect one.

Last but not least, Livi won the Student of Character Award, again.  We could not be more proud of her and the great student she is becoming.  Her teacher could not say enough nice things about her, and what an example she is to the other kids in the class.  She's learning so fast, and can't seem to get enough reading and math.   Way to go Liv!
Oh, and a helicopter landed at the elementary school for Spirit Week.  According to Liv, it was totally awesome.

Well that pretty much sums up what you missed over the last few weeks.  Hopefully, I can keep Van away from this hardrive, we'll see. I do miss my fonts, though.

2 comments:

Jay and Kay said...

Yay for husbands with skills! It's great catching up on your life and seeing those cute kiddos.

Alicia said...

Have been missing your blog lately! Hope you're not trapped under a giant pile of tinsel and red sparkly pom-poms :)

Hope to see you around again soon!