So for my birthday Dax took me to The Melting Pot for some great fondue. I don't know why this popular dish was such a 70's phase and hasn't made a huge comeback. I mean, let's face it, anything dipped in cheese can't be all bad.
(sorry about this grainy picture, taken via my blackberry)
We managed to con my mom and sister into sleeping at the house with the crazies, so we took the opportunity to treat ourselves to a hotel night. Funny thing, all the state tournaments were taking place in Boise over the weekend, so try finding an available hotel room. Even funnier, the Anniversary Inn was wide open, go figure. We stayed in the lighthouse room, ate cheesecake and lounged in the hot tub and ate breakfast in bed. Great way to spend a birthday.
(Don't you love the cheesy decor?)
Of course, everyone came over for dinner and cake and ice cream, and the annual blowing out of the candles 12 times so that everyone can make a wish.
But one of the best parts of my birthday was when this cute couple
announced that they will soon be:
a cute trio!
We couldn't be more excited for you guys!
The next weekend it was time for a girl's weekend. We started this tradition a few years ago of pedicures, dinner and a hotel night, and I look forward to it every year.
After some yummy PF Chang's, we headed back to the room to get our craft on. Oh, and a few self-portraits, as usual.

This year we ordered quiet books for our kids and worked on them until the wee hours of the morning.
Oh and did a little facebooking too. Thanks girls for a great weekend, let's do it again soon... like this weekend!
Happy birthday to me! Oh and here is what I ordered, if it will ever stop raining...













3 comments:
Looks like so much fun. I love the annual girls weekend. Jealous. I am laughing at the decor of the room you and Dax stayed in but a sweet time none the less. Has the bike arrived yet? Get going girl, don't let a little rain stop you. Just kidding...I let everything stop me. Ha
fun times as always. I finally got my bike too--we need to hit the bike paths!! Woot woot!
1. Happy Bday! Can't wait to see your bike!
2. I recognized your toes in foot pic.
3. Can't believe you took so many silly group pics!
4. Love the Barney in the background and beer bottle lookalikes in bday pics!
5. That is the best ultrasound I have ever seen. It actually looks like a baby!
Post a Comment