Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wonderfully Wicked Weekend

So I promised more on the doings of our Wicked fan club, so here we go. It was last year that we found out that Wicked was coming to Boise.  We were all over it.  We called all our favorite people and bought tickets for everyone we could think of-- then the party planning began.  It would be a fantastic weekend with sisters, and Grandma and aunts and cousins all ready to play.


 Some fun girls trickled in early, so we started out with pedicures, because even our toes needed to be in party mode. Van was our honorary boy, he was very helpful at picking out colors, and I think he enjoyed the lower back massage best. I decided against having his toenails painted, mostly because he wouldn't have sat still, but I'm not sure Dax would've been pleased.





The rest of our party showed up, and it was time to do what we girls do best -- SHOP!



and then out to lunch...


We then came back to my house to do some crafting. I mean, did I tell you this weekend was filled with everything we love?



Before we knew it, it was time to get ready to go.






And then.... our broom arrived!








We felt like celebrities as we arrived at the Morrison Center and were greeted by our adoring fans! No kidding, people actually stopped us and asked us if they could take a picture with us!  And I think we could've made a small fortune selling our hats.

After another fantastic show, we headed back for dessert and trivia.


We make all the newbies take the Glinda /Elphaba test.  It's hard!

After more laughs, and more yawns, we finally called it a night.  With dreams of Defying Gravity playing in our heads, we drifted off wishing this weekend would never end.


 Some of us were especially sad to see the weekend end...



Thanks girls for such a fun time.  Let's do it again really soon.  I hear Wicked is in SLC next year--mark your calendars!

All things Wicked


2 comments:

alane said...

can we do it all over? Just when I thought I could handle the everyday stuff....now I am in major "GREEN" withdrawl....thanks for the "WICKED" memories!

Sarah said...

Hi! Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I wasn't sure how to get in touch with you. I'm planning on sending a cd with the pictures to my mom. She should be able to get them to you.

Looks like you all had such a fun weekend together!

Sarah Warnick (Lerma)