Saturday, July 9, 2011

We Are Family!!


Lake Tahoe :: Fujimoto Family Reunion :: June 2011 

Day 1: Bowling Tournament

As you can see, bowling day was a big hit with everyone.  The costumes were fantastic, and the competitive spirit ran rampant among all.  Even the kiddies showed us their mad skills!! The first game was crazy bowling, with backwards bowling, and left-handed bowling, and crazy dance bowling... it got a little out of control, and the Split Happens team nearly got thrown out for showing too much team spirit.  Who's idea was it to put Shandi and Melannie on the same team anyway?!


Look at that form! Go Gage!





At dinner they gave out all the bowling awards, and you've never seen Gage so excited to add another bowling trophy to his growing collection of 2!  It has a place of honor on his dresser.

Day 2: Pool Day



After everyone cleared the pool, we headed down to the clubhouse for some afternoon crafts and dinner.


After dinner we spilled out onto the beach for smores and sandcastles.


Van decided to spend most of his time in the boats. 
We took Maki and Madison's engagement pics (not really, but hopefully soon!), and Unc wearing shorts and flip flops, and an attempt at getting ALL the cousins smiling and looking at the camera, all at the same time. As you can see, Van is nowhere to be found... I told you all he wanted to do was play in the boats.



Day 3: Beach Day

We built sandcastles all day...

and caught lots of ladybugs...


Van had his own personal pool filled by his laborers.


we played with lots and lots of cousins, here's Gage and Joshy and Livi and little Mariko.

Gavin and Miya
Someone was always getting thrown in, deserved or not, I think this is Yoshi and Bill. 

the boys jumped off the dock...

and the old people tried not to get sunburned or thrown in.

We took paddle boats rides, which was Van and Gage's favorite part of the whole week...

 took lots of silly pictures...

yes, these are Dax's toes. And fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, they still look like that even today.  Kiyomi, you did a great job!


 All in all we had a really great day...

Now no family reunion would be complete without a large photo session, and this family is no different.  I mean, for crying out loud you know Asians and their cameras!  It may have gotten a little out of hand, but the last time this family got together, we all looked like this

(Dax and I were merely dating, so I wasn't invited into the official family pics!)


Cousins then...

cousins now...


we were in serious need of some updated pics.  We couldn't begin to get all of us in one picture all together, so we broke it up into families... here's the originals

Left to right: Atsu, Ikue, Tom, Kay, Shiro and Chee

 Auntie Ikue and Uncle Jerry and Scott and Melannie and Ryan, Alyssa and Kiana
Bill and Pam


Uncle Tom and one of his two boys Troy and wife Julie, with Miya and Max


Auntie Kay and her girls Julie, Sumiko and Tamiko


and now husbands and kids, Paul and Sumiko, Mika, Yoshi, Ayumi, Kiyomi, Mariko, Mataki
Julie and Brian (not pictured): Kaden, Keegan and Cassidy
Tamiko and Brian: Alex, Kimmiye and Kiriko

okay, I'm missing a few families, but I promise to get them in when I get copies of the pics.  I need to get this posted before the next reunion, so I'm not waiting any longer!

one more shot of all the cousins


and one of my cute husband and his boys


and here's one more before and after.  These are the original San Josers...



Okay, since this post has gone on forever, I'll wrap it up.  Needless to say it was a fabulous reunion, and it was time to say goodbye.   My kids made wonderful friends and memories.




We sure hope the next reunion won't be in 13 years like the last one. Thanks for all the fun and the laughs, I know Grandma and Grandpa Fujimoto are smiling down on this wonderful family. See ya next time!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Ohmygosh, this looks like the PERFECT family reunion.

I love the bowling teeshirts. Did you guys make those BEFORE the trip, in preparation. Or did the hostess make them? YOu know me and shirts...I already made some for the kids and our Breakenridge trip (which is now cancelled). I LOVED this post. I loved seeing all the cousins and Daxs family. Looks like a VERY successful family reunion! Happy times for all.

PS Good job on getting this up so quick. You are my inspiration. My goal...one post every other day to get caught up. I'm 16 "things" behind.

Debbie said...

LOVE this post, Breya! You captured so many wonderful memories...so miss you!!! Wish it was longer so we could catch up like the good ol days in SJ!

Erick and Megan said...

Wow! That was a lot of fun! How did all the shirts get made? I see that there indeed are some other blonde Fujimotos! I almost didn't recognize Livi with bangs and a missing front tooth! I am seeing a new side of Dax. Tell him I am raising my expectations of him for our next reunion. Seriously the pink, furry ears? And blue toe nails??? Can i please have my own copies of those pics. I might need ammo someday...(Maybe our Bourne reunion shirts...)Oh and we took pics in front of those same funny bears last time I was in Tahoe!