Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Let Freedom Ring

This year we headed to Rexburg for the 4th of July.  Now you might say we went to visit grandparents and uncles and aunties and even attend Dax's class reunion, but really it was all about the 4x6.


They couldn't get enough, just send us the bill for gas.






And there's nothing like exploring the farm with dad.



We played in the pool and hula hooped all day!

































Van decided he was a cowboy and rode the sprinkler pipe like a horsey.















In typical 4th of July fashion, we put on our red, white, and blue and headed down to Main St. for a good old fashion parade.



Who doesn't like a good parade now and then? Much to the delight of my boys, there were plenty of John Deere tractors going by.


There was candy thrown, but much to Gage's chagrin, not enough his way.


and this next parade participant can only be describes as...

...only in Rexburg!

It seemed like we waited and waited and waited for it to get dark enough to do fireworks.  Gage was in seventh heaven when dad finally pulled out the arsenal of firey goodness.







Oh, and did I mention we went to Dax's 20th Class Reunion?  Where has the time gone?  It was a fabulous party, great food, and fantastic friends.  I almost felt a part of your class....almost, I mean other than I'm so much younger than you!!




It was a great weekend, thanks.  Here's some parting shots of the beautiful farm.

1 comment:

laurie said...

#1. you look beautiful!
#2. Livi looks darling hula hooping.
#3. Gage's pouty face at the parade is my favorite.
#4. what in the world...the shopping cart float, I am cracking up!