Monday, July 23, 2007

Zola Mae Harris Jacobs 1914-2007


So, we just got back from a really warm weekend in Rexburg. Dax's grandma died a week or so ago, and we went over for the viewing and the funeral. It was a beautiful tribute to a very beautiful and simple lady. She lived a long life of 93 years, and was fairly independent until her last days. We were able to visit her in May and take the kids over to see her. We took pictures with her and spent some time visiting. I'm so glad that these are the last memories we have of her, smiling, laughing at Alivia and commenting on how small Gage's feet were. I'm so blessed to have gotten to included her as a grandma in my life - I'll forever be grateful to her for having her daughter Brenda, who in turn had the wonderful father of my kids. Words can't describe how much we will miss her...

2 comments:

Maryland Madness said...

good work on the blog. cant wait to see you and the kids.

Laurie said...

I'm glad you guys had a nice visit with Grandma Zola before she died. How special it must of been for her to spend time with your children. I'm glad the service was nice. Now, enough pic's of everyone else...bring on Livi and Gage, Ha. Actually, I enjoy all photos, & love checking in on you through your blog.