Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Trying to stay cool...
























So, did I mention it was blazing hot in Rexburg last weekend? Well, for those of us snobs that live in air conditioning 24-7, we were a little out of our element for 5 days without any cold air blowing up our shorts. We became really creative on ways to stay cool in the heat, including the 'Wet Banana", balloon guns, water balloons, Wii, and laying around in the shade. I have to say though, of all the activities, watching Taro, Mari, Dax, and Mak vie for the longest slide on the 'Wet Banana" had to be the highlight of the weekend, sorry about those hamstrings Tar! Although, Shandi's boxing techniques on the Wii ran a close second! One of these days when I become technically inclined, I'll figure out how to download the video clip of her boxing it out. It really is good for a laugh, just ask Mari!








We also had an impromptu birthday party for Livi, which included a pinata. I have to say that it took some really strong adults with a big stick to get it to break open. It wasn't until Mak whacked the legs off, that it finally seemed to give. By no means could a three year old ever get it done. Livi was a little distressed to be whacking the unicorn, especially when the legs fell off, and was quite relieved when the candy did fall out and the vicious beatings finally ceased.




Oh, and just for kicks and to prove to ourselves that we really are still young and cool, Dax and I went and stood in line at Wal-Mart at midnight to get our copy of Harry Potter. Dax of course wanted to dress up, but I told him he wasn't that young and cool.

Enjoy the pics.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I still think you are young and cool. It looks like fun in the water. However, not comfy with no A.C. Is that Dax under the hose or a bro- I can't tell in the pic. Happy birthday to beautiful Livi!!! I loved the pic with her and the cupcakes. Enjoy Redfish Lake and call me when you can.

laurie said...

Please send me your email. I don't know what happened to it, but don't have it anymore. Thanks.

Erick and Megan said...

I need to read these!