
Throughout the rest of the day my friends continued to drop by with yummy chocolate mousse, cards, more flowers and fun phone calls. Now, I do realize that by no means is my birthday a national holiday, (although I've put in a petition to the committee), I was rather surprised and disappointed not to even hear from two of my very closest friends. I kept thinking I'd get an email at some point during the day and we'd figure out a lunch date for all of us, or at least a 'hey we're thinking about ya', but nothing. My birthday came and went and no word. Now you have to understand, we are a lunch bunch, and no occasion goes without some talk of a where we're headed to eat, so I was more than a little disappointed of no prospects of food.
Well, I should have known better. Saturday morning rolls around, and as I'm laying around feeling sorry for myself that Dax is in Vegas and I'm home with the kids all weekend by myself, I hear a knock at the door. Who could it be? I should have known they wouldn't let me down. Krista and Jami show up to kidnap me to take me to get pedicures and lunch.

They'd even arranged a babysitter with Dax before he left, so sneaky! It was so fun, to sit and be pampered with my good friends. Who knew all these years later the Sunshine Girls would still be going strong?! Thanks you guys for such a great day, and making 31 my best year yet! Here's to my family and friends who make birthdays great!



5 comments:
Ah, I love ya! We could never forget your big day. I am glad you had fun and here is to the next 30 years of lunches and pedicures!!!
Happy Day! I sure wish I was there to celebrate in style with you. Nothing I like better than an afternoon with friends going out to lunch. I'm glad you had a fun and memorable birthday, you certainly deserve the best. Thanks for being such a good friend!
Breya, you just get cuter each year!! love your new template!
Happy belated birday!
Your blog got a facelift...I love it!
Ahh, Brea that's so sweet what your friends did for you. Glad you had a happy birthday.
BTW, your blog update looks great!
Post a Comment