So my cute Grandparents were asked to be the Parade Marshalls of the Arco, Idaho Atomic Days Parade. Now, don't scoff - this is a big deal! I mean Arco, Idaho was the first city to be lit entirely by atomic power. Of course, these days it's just lit by plain ol' electricity like everywhere else, but back in the day this was a really big scientific break through!
Anyway, Grandma and Grandpa have been heavily involved in the community for years and years, and this was a great honor for them to be asked to do this. They got to ride in the back of a really fancy antique pick-up and throw candy to all their adoring fans. Unfortunately, Dax and I were still in Florida, so these photos are courtesy of my Aunt Joy. Grma and Grpa look great and had a great time - too bad the parade route is only about 3 miles long - they look like they could've waved all day!
My Grandma always says "Arco isn't the end of the world, but you can see it from here!" I love small town Idaho!
4 comments:
Oh, that is so wonderful. I have always wanted to be in a parade. Mike just got a flat tire outside of Arco and I told him he should have called Uncle Steve. Looks like you guys had tons of fun in Florida!
Woohoo! How exciting. Your grandpa looks like a sweetheart.
Ah, so cute. I love grandpa's hat. Is this the same the grandma that I met in Denver...your mom or dad's parents? I guess I didn't know Arco was so historical.
Yeah, you met my Grandma in Denver - these are my mom's parents!
You know - once a cowboy, always a cowboy!
Post a Comment