
So as you can see I TRIED to get a picture of my kids on the 4th of July in their cute red, white and blue - but this is the best I could do. Liv obviously didn't want to look at the camera, and in turn Gage was just as preoccupied with looking everywhere else too. Oh well - they're still cute!
We spent the 4th with our good friends the Cromars at their parents pool. The water was the most perfect temperature and there were lots of friends to play with and swim with. Gage has decided he's a fish and loves to float around, mostly by himself with his own floaties on. His favorite was to float to the stairs, climb out of the pool and 'jump' in, not necessarily caring if anyone was there to catch him. Liv played it a little more cool, and stayed clear of any splashing or hair wetting activities that might take place in a pool.


We ended the evening with a dramatic synchronized swimming routine performed by Krista, me, Lindsay and Lindsay. It earned us a 10 from our husbands who then wanted to see a handstand contest, which Krista won hands-down (no pun intended)! We ate yummy bbq and then called it a night. We packed the kids up with promises of doing fireworks when we got home, but the long drive back to the house proved to be too much for our tired little swimmers, and they both conked out before we got home. Dax and I spent a nice evening on our own deck watching the neighborhood fireworks display and called it a night.
Thanks for such a fun day Krista and friends - lets do it again soon. (check out our swimming routine on Krista's blog - I'm sure it's worth looking at!)
6 comments:
Oh man...sounds like fun! We are sad we missed out, I especially would have enjoyed being a part of the sync swimming routine! Oh well, maybe next time. And cute pics of your cute kiddos!
So, precious! Yes, it's hard to get all the kids to smile and look at the camera. I'm not above threatening..."look here and smile or you are in big trouble" Ha. I'm excited to see the swimming routine on Krista's blog, but I checked and didn't see it. Bummer. I must say, impressive on even participating in the handstand contest. I'm sure the guys were lovin' it.
Least you tried with the camera! I had good intentions, but when we got to the lake, Andy locked my purse in the car.. with my camera in it, instead of bringing it on the boat. By the time I found out it was too late to return for it. : (
Tag... you're it. Come read my blog for details!
Totally bummed we missed out! Don't worry, you don't even need to say that the swimming act wasn't as good w/o krissy and I there. We know what we bring to the act!!
I miss you. Hope you guys are having fun in Florida.
Post a Comment