Sunday, September 20, 2009

Four Wheelin' and Fishing: A weekend in Rexburg

Over Labor Day we headed over to Rexburg for a long weekend. The kids rode the 4X6 all over the farm, and Gage kept dragging Grandpa over to the shed to look at all the tractors.

And Livi informed me that riding the four wheeler is not just for boys - she made sure her turn came around too.
Even dad got in on the action - and I've heard he drives really fast, much faster than Grandpa!


One morning we decided we'd go up to Island Park to do a little fishing. Let me just back up a bit and say that I have been fishing several times with Dax and his family, and never once have we caught anything. Literally not a bite. So honestly I thought we'd just be spending some quality time sitting around the beach. Much to my surprise, we did have some bites and even caught some fish!
There was a little down time, which we drank some pop...
...tried to keep Van out of the wind...
...dug in the sand/mud...
...some of us did crunches...
and waited for the big catch!

Thanks for a fun weekend.

6 comments:

Bournes said...

I never had that much fun in Rexburg...I guess I didn't know the right people...or we were just too broke :) All of your beautiful pictures of your family are making Phil and I antsy to buy ourselves a nice camera. I seriously love every picture you post!

Debbie said...

Brought back so many memories...especially of the good ol 4x6! :)

Krissy said...

Fun stuff! Great pics! Now I need a lesson from you on how to get my pictures to post that big.

laurie said...

Great pics! looks like you made the best on being in rexburg! my kids love fishing, too. and, a farm well...that is the icing on the cake. tell me which sister and brother (fuji) are in the pictures.

Kristi said...

How fun! I love the pictures!

Fujitales said...

That's Maki doing the crunches, and Mari with Van. The live-at-home-get-roped-into-family-outings crew!