Thursday, September 10, 2009

There is a bond...


As much as they fight, and argue, and nag and tattle on each other, I know deep down there is an undeniable brother and sister bond that ties these two together. I don't get to see it everyday, or even every week, but once in a while there is a rare moment of pure understanding, and this day I was lucky enough to capture it.


This summer Livi had the chance to go spend a few days with Grandma and Grandpa in Rexburg, while I took Gage and Van to visit Megan in Sacramento. Every couple of hours it would dawn on Gage that Livi wasn't around, and he'd start asking about her. He wondered where she was and if I could go get her, and even at one point wanted me to save her some fries from his Happy Meal.
If that isn't love, I don't know what is.
I even got the same report about Livi from Grandma. I realize now that they really haven't spent that much time apart, aside from a few hours a day while Liv is at school, or if Gage is napping, so they must've felt the absence of their friend.

Although they may have missed each other in theory, the reunion was pretty short-lived and they were back to fighting over toys in no time flat... ahhh siblings.


So here's the real reason they were sitting quietly and getting along. There's nothing like a maintenance truck right in front of your house to grab any sub-five year old's attention for an undeterminable amount of time. It's almost as good as the Tuesday morning garbage truck!

No comments: