Friday, November 13, 2009

Returned With Honor

All is as it should be...


Elder and Sister Tibbitts have returned home from their mission to the Nauvoo Temple.

The sun came out, and miraculously the wind died down, on a pretty day in November, as if to say, welcome home old friends...

...we've missed you while you've been away...

...we knew you'd come back to us...

...we just knew you couldn't stay away.

New friendships were made...

and old comforts of home were revisted... all is well.

Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for serving such an honorable mission, and setting such a good example to all of us.

We know what a great sacrifice you made to serve the people in Nauvoo, the miles travelled and the occasions missed while you were away, but you will never know the influence for good you have had on your family.

We know that the people in Nauvoo will miss you immensely, and will somehow have to muddle through without you, but we feel so lucky to have you returned to us.

We love you... welcome home.

** The above collage and the earlier picture of Elder and Sister Tibbitts were unscrupulously stolen from my fabulous cousin Alicia's blog without her written or verbal consent, and for this I ask for her complete forgiveness.

8 comments:

mommaj said...

Very nicely put Breya. I hear that you and your mom were there to help them clean up and get back to the routine--thanks from all of us too far away to do those kinds of things. Cute picture of the baby and great grandma! Fantastic picture of the man and his boots!Love Aunt Stephanie

Kristi said...

I love these pictures! I'm glad they are back safe and sound!

Laurie said...

That was a very sweet post for your dear grandparents. I'm glad they are home safe and sound.

Alicia said...

Of COURSE you may take bits from my blog to create tributes to fabulous people that no longer have to break out the church shoes and skirts everyday. Great to see him wearing cowboy boots and her wearing pants! Grandma was SO excited to be in slacks when they came through here, and Grandpa was breakin' his boots back in. :)

I'm honored. And your tribute is fabulous.

Love your guts,
A

Brittnie said...

Love your post! I especially love that first picture of grandpa in his recliner and that I knew that's what it was before I read anything! So glad my favorite cowboy and his sweetheart are back in Idaho where they belong!

laurie said...

Hi, I'm back again...on my way to the site you told me about this afternoon. But, I need to mention that I think the pic of grandpa's boots is awesome! You should frame it and give it to him.

Bournes said...

This is such a nice post/tribute to the grandparents. They sure worked hard!!

Erick and Megan said...

Teary eyed. Very nice. Didn't think I could miss Arco so much. And my favorite people there!