Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

So here's my characters from the fairytale Peter Pan. You remember of course, Tinker Bell (the pink version), Captain Hook and the often forgotten, lobster.
Okay, so maybe the lobster didn't make the cartoon, the dang crocodile took his spot, but I'm thinking about re-writing the tale with a very important lobster character!!


Gage loved his costume, I mean he really love it, and wore it day in and day out for 3 days! Thanks again Krissy for lending it to us.

And really, is there any better thing to a 5 year old than getting to wear wings and carry around a magic wand? I'm here to tell you, not much.






When I bought this costume for Van, he was little and his legs would fit down into the tail. But he grew, so I had to open up leg holes for his feet to come out and buy him some red tights.

Dax was not so pleased that his sons were wearing red tights, and ruffled pirate shirts. Some people are so hard to please! Our ward has a huge trunk-or-treat every year, and since Dax was out of town, my mom and dad came to help wrestle all the kids and candy. Gage opted to help Mimi hand out candy, while Van and Liv did the collecting. Gage was really specific about picking out the 'big' candy from the bowl to hand out, and helped himself whenever he felt hungry.

Dax and I were going to dress up as Jon and Kate this year for Halloween, since it didn't really require much of a costume for Dax, but his unexpected trip to Denver kind of threw a wrench into our plans - so instead I just played the divorced Kate. I'm glad to have my Jon back, and only 3 kids not 8.



Happy Halloween!


8 comments:

Laurie said...

Well, in my peter pan version...there is a lobster! And, Van is perfect. They all look great. I absolutely love the Disney's pirate costume...simply charming. Looks like a fun and crazy night for all.

Krissy said...

Awwww, Gage looks so handsome in that capt hook costume! Glad he could put it to good use! Adorable pictures, are you loving the new lens?

Erick and Megan said...

Great costumes! Gage's boots are so cool! I saw several Captain Hooks around here too! I didn't realize he was so popular!

Anna Beal said...

LOVE the costumes!

. said...

Very cute! And Jon and Kate plus 8? Ingenious - you totally would have pulled it off. I'm still laughing!

Bournes said...

Your kids look amazing!!! I absolutely LOVE the adorable onsie costumes for babies...and Van looks perfect as a cute little lobster.

heather said...

They are all so cute. Gage is the perfect Captain Hook. Jon and Kate...perfect. I wish I could have seen pictures of that.

Alane said...

Breya,
Your kids are so darling. Costumes just make em cuter!!
And the Jon and Kate thing is TOOOOOO FUNNY! love that