The mind of a 5 year old is a very intriguing thing.
It really is awakening to the world of words and letters and speed limits and the importance of seat belts.
Somedays it even manages to understand basic logic and can be compromised with say, the mom of the house, and other days it wants to argue that the sky is blue.
It is always working, grinding away to solve the everyday mysteries of life...
As we were driving the other day Livi asked in her most grown up voice,
It really is awakening to the world of words and letters and speed limits and the importance of seat belts.
Somedays it even manages to understand basic logic and can be compromised with say, the mom of the house, and other days it wants to argue that the sky is blue.
It is always working, grinding away to solve the everyday mysteries of life...
As we were driving the other day Livi asked in her most grown up voice,
"Mom, how come there are no peas allowed over there?
Do they not like peas, or do they just not want them spilled on the ground?
Why would someone put them on the ground anyway?
Why wouldn't they just eat them?"
Remember, this stream of thought is happening at rapid-fire pace, imagine me with a deer-in-headlights look on my face. Pretend like you haven't seen this face before.
Livi continues, "Oh wait, maybe they just don't like the letter P.
That's weird, I like P.
I mean, it does start the word Pink."
It clicks... I get it.
Do they not like peas, or do they just not want them spilled on the ground?
Why would someone put them on the ground anyway?
Why wouldn't they just eat them?"
Remember, this stream of thought is happening at rapid-fire pace, imagine me with a deer-in-headlights look on my face. Pretend like you haven't seen this face before.
Livi continues, "Oh wait, maybe they just don't like the letter P.
That's weird, I like P.
I mean, it does start the word Pink."
It clicks... I get it.
Mystery solved.

Fashion, on the other hand - still a mystery. But she's got nothing if she ain't got style!
7 comments:
I love this post. Almost as much as I love Livi's outfit. She's a doll.
I have (finally) come to terms with the cuteness that is a crazy "unmatched" outfit. It took me awhile, but I can see now the originality in it all...just not on my kids. (Ha. Ha. Just kidding)
What a funny little girl! I love it. :-)
what a great post! Someday she will get such a giggle out of her logic of p's. And I am with her...I love pink. And her great sense of style....
I always wish there was a sign i could attach to my child that says "I did not dress my child today!"
Smart little Livi! So cute!
So funny! I shold take a picture of Dejah's CRAZY outfits. They'd be twinners.
Breya your blog is really cute. Livi is cute. Love the outfit girl!!
Post a Comment