We were so excited to get away, neither of us bothered to check the weather. I mean who needs to check the weather in San Diego anyway? Well, let me just say it was torrential rain for the first couple days that we were there, and we spent a lot of time shopping indoors and watching grounds crews remove fallen palm trees at our resort. But, eventually it did stop raining, for a few hours at a time, and we found ourselves having a great, kid-less weekend.
Dax found us this great resort called Paradise Point with cute individual cabanas, and pretty central to all the fun stuff. We slept in and ordered out, and relaxed guilt free. The grounds were beautiful with big ponds and winding paths and flowers everywhere.
Did I mention we ate a lot? Our New Year's Resolutions were out the door on this vacation, and our motto was eat big or go home.
After the rain finally let up, we ventured to Coronado Island to watch the sun set on the beach. After crossing a pretty scary bridge and making a few wrong turns at the military base, we found ourselves on the beach.



Coronado Hotel


We ventured back to San Diego to Old Town to eat some yummy sushi at Harney Sushi, thanks to a great recommendation from Phillip and Melanie. We even came back to Old Town a second night to eat at this great Mexican restuarant call Coyote Cafe. Just for the record I found these pictures of the restuarants online. As much as I like to document a vacation, I was really too preoccupied with feeding my face to snap shots of these places!
Shockingly enough, the first couple of days we were in San Diego, Sea World was closed due to weather. Dax had never been, and I was sad that he may not get to meet Shamu. We later learned that this is the first time since 1997 that they've closed the park for any reason, let alone weather. That year it was El Nino. Anyway, the sun did finally come out, and we actually had a pretty good time at the park.



This is us with our cool 3-D glasses on for the show.
Since we've already been to the San Diego Zoo a few years ago, we decided to forego that activity, but instead we went to Balboa Park. We walked through several museums and the Japanese garden. We ate lunch and sat at the fountain and people watched and mostly just enjoyed the San Diego sun. 



This is a self-portrait using my huge Canon camera. It's harder than you think!
On the last day we drove to La Jolla to play on the beach. Dax slept in the sun while I spent hours beach combing for sea shells and sea glass.
The achitecture of the buildings was incredible.




This is a self-portrait using my huge Canon camera. It's harder than you think!
On the last day we drove to La Jolla to play on the beach. Dax slept in the sun while I spent hours beach combing for sea shells and sea glass.


This was a protected beach where these huge sea lions come to 'pup'. Talk about pregnant and lazy, at first we thought they were dead they were so lathargic.
We stopped by the San Diego Temple on the way back to our hotel. Dax hadn't ever been on the grounds and wanted to see what all the fuss was about. It truly is a beautiful temple, and the perfect way to end our perfect weekend. Thanks to my great husband for making it all happen. 
6 comments:
Wow Breya! What a fun time!!
I am so happy you had the chance to "run away" to San Dieago. Looking at those beautiful flowers in the middle of winter sure brightens the soul! No matter the rain...it looked like a wonderful time to be together.
And, this post is making me hungry!
Love the pictures, you really are a very talented photographer!! I'm glad that you were able to get away for "us" time, what a nice vacation!
You are really making my mouth water with that in and out picture! Glad you guys had fun!
That looks like quite the trip! What a cute little room and amazing beaches. I wish we lived closer to the ocean I mean this is California afterall! Norcal whatever! Let's take the next kidless one together! That's so funny that In and Out made the post, but I guess Bajio would make it on mine...
I'm almost positive that's the resort that "Jon and Kate plus 8" stay at when they go to San Diego. hee hee - thought that was ironic considering it was a halloween choice.
Post a Comment