Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's coming...

Spring is in the air around here, and we can hardly wait. It seems like a long time since we've felt the warmth of the sun, or left the house without coats and hats. The days are getting longer, and we've played at the park until our noses are cold, but we're ready for warm. Livi keeps telling me spring is almost here, and well, you don't want to argue with her!

This past week has been one for the records. Dax was out of town again, and it seems that whenever he's gone, things sort of fall apart. We started out with Van getting a terrible outer ear infection that caused his ear to ooze and ooze and never seem to get any better. We took him to my regular pediatrician and got some ear drops, that eventually led to an allergic reaction that sent us to urgent care on Sunday morning. Soon enough the flu set in and Van was throwing up everyday, if not twice a day, and then he was kind enough to pass it along to Gage.

I got an appointment with the ENT doctor to take a look at Van's seeping ear, and discovered while I was there, that Gage had an ear infection too. Go figure. Both boys have tubes in their ears! Obviously that doesn't rule out ear infections. After an $85 trip to the pharmacy, I'm on a first name basis with the pharmacist and everybody has a dose of antibiotics. The flu ran rampant through me and eventually Livi, sparing no one in it's wake, including Mimi and Poppy.

Dax finally got home on Friday night and thought his timing couldn't be better, arriving on the other end of all the sickness and drama - but alas, he succumbed to the bug just like everyone else and was down and out for a couple of days. If you can believe it, I actually think my cats got it, and we may have passed it along to Livi's playmate on Saturday too. You may just want to steer clear of my street if you can!

I'm happy to say that we are finally healthy and happy this week. Everyone is back in school and back to work. The sun is out and the kids are riding their bikes on the driveway, so hopefully we are through the worst!

Of course, this is what we woke up to a few mornings ago, but soon enough the sun broke thru and it turned into a sunny day.

Hurry up spring - we're trying to be patient!

5 comments:

Jami said...

We are soooo excited too!! can't wait for play dates in the park!

Anna Beal said...

Amen!

Complicated Blog said...

Breya...great picture! I keep going out and peering at the ground where my tulips are supposed to be...so far NO!

laurie said...

so jealous...we have NO signs of spring. Nada. zero. zilch. Still snow on the ground. Today finally broke 40 degrees. Can you tell I'm bitter?

Luckily, I only have 3 weeks till the beach and sunshine.


I'm glad everyone is feeling better and Dax is home.

Krissy said...

I am soooo tired of sickness. It seems like we have been bombarded this winter so I for one am so excited that spring is just around the corner!!!