Monday, March 22, 2010

One Year Older and Wiser Too...

So I've been slow to get these birthday pictures up, even though I've had a weekly reminder by Gage to get it done, so here they are. I threw together sort of an impromptu birthday party for our birthday boy for a few of our play group friends, but the 3 day weekend and the flu diminished our numbers a bit, but we ate pizza and partied with our friends that could make it.

Because what kinda party doesn't have a truck pinata? Please excuse the state of our back patio. This is the fall out of finally finishing our basement and moving Livi downstairs. It's not pretty.
I feel like I owe some kind of explanation for these cupcakes. They were supposed to look like truck tires with black frosting. I thought they looked cuter in real life, but someday down the road I wanted to make sure I didn't look back and wonder what I was thinking!Thanks Mimi for putting the finishing touches on the the tractor cake.Later that night the rest of the crowd showed up to eat more pizza and tractor cake and ice cream. They came bearing gifts (this one is a broom and dust pan, because there is nobody who likes to help mom clean than Gager!) and of course more tractors and....

a BIG BOY BIKE!
I can't even guess at how many miles he's ridden his bike around the driveway! There is something so liberating about being able to go wherever you want to under your own control for a 3 year old. Of course he makes the broom, broom noise as an added effect everywhere he goes. Boys will be boys!
Happy birthday Buddy!
For Gage's birthday I decided to redo his room. Well, actually just DO his room. The poor guy has been just living in Livi's old room since she moved out last May without as much as one boy thing in it.
BEFORE
I wasn't in the mood to completely paint the entire thing, so I compromised with the blue and orange stripes.
AFTER

Bookshelf made from a rain gutter.

Linoleum tiles for free from the floor store that was getting rid of their samples.

Vinyl road and cars from TJ Maxx, along with tractor pillows. Hope you enjoy it!

7 comments:

Alane said...

BREYA...you are A M A Z I N G!!!
It looks like a picture right out of a magazine! SO clever and cute.
Of course, that little 3 year old is a doll. (sorry Dax!)

Laurie said...

AH, that room came together darling! I just love the rain gutter book shelf idea.

Pretty cute 3 year old, I'd say!


Happy Birthday Gager.

Bournes said...

I need you to come out to Maryland and teach me some of your awesome decorating skills!!! I absolutely love his room! The cake was super cute too!

Jay and Kay said...

once you're done in Maryland can you come to SD to decorate my house!

Your birthday parties... even the thrown together ones... are amazing. Your kiddies are so lucky.

Erick and Megan said...

That is so darling! I didn't realize you were done already! The rain gutter is so creative!

Krissy said...

Oh my cuteness! Love Gagers new room. Sad we missed out on the fun party!

Joy said...

I really enjoyed seeing this whole post - Gage is so cute - loved the shirt-- his room is very fun. Was fun to see you and your mom.