We started off the Easter festivities with the annual neighborhood Easter egg hunt. Even as I'm typing the word 'hunt' the word 'dash' seems like a better term. There really isn't much 'hunting' involved, maybe gathering or collecting would be more appropriate - either way, there were many eggs to find and the kids quickly filled their baskets. Of course it was freezing cold weather, so we didn't stay long to linger and swap stories with all our friends at the park, we quickly came home to warm up with some hot chocolate.
We of course dyed some Easter eggs ALL afternoon. Gage got really creative by dipping and redying all the eggs over and over again. Livi got an Easter tatoo in one of her Easter eggs and promptly decided her face was the perfect place to put it.
Dax was headed out again on Easter morning for another 10 days of traveling, so we woke up early to see what the Easter bunny had brought us before he left. As it turns out it was also Dax's birthday on Easter, so we wished him off with promises of a birthday party and cake when he got home.
I dressed the kids up in their new Easter digs and made them parade outside for some Easter pics. We decided Easter pics would be easier to take while Van was sound asleep.
Bonus Pics
Here's to Easter bonnets and knee high socks of Easter past. Oh- and to big sisters and little brothers. Happy Easter!



















2 comments:
I remember those cute kids!! Okay, when did they grow up???
BAH....
Oh you really did have a bonnet. That is so cute! I couldn't find Lily's hat or gloves that morning and I was so bummed. Too many days of dress up I guess. What is Phillip's hat? And mom and dad must have decided it was easier to take Easter pics with a baby (or two?) asleep too!
Post a Comment