Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Progressive Birthday

So Dax's birthday was sort of a progressive party.  Like I said, he was traveling on his actual birthday, so I took him to see Avatar and out to dinner the night before he left town.  When he got home we invited the fam and a few friends over for some pizza and cake and ice cream.  The party was the usual pigging pizza...


and blowing out candles a dozen times...


but, I have to say the best part of the party was the presents!  So here we go...

My sister-in-law is a Honker.  Okay, not literally, but her high school mascot is a Honker, and by that I mean a Canadian goose of course.  So obviously Dax had a hayday with that little piece of info, so Saramarie decided he needed to be inducted into the Honker clan - soooo

Go Honkers!

So following on the you-asked-for-it birthday gifts, came the one from my mom.  Now I come from a pretty strong family of musical movie watchers.  You name it Music Man, Mary Poppins, Pirates of Penzance, Summer Magic, Grease, Mamma Mia, all were regularly watched at my house. 

These movies were not allowed at the Fujimoto house while Dax was growing up.

 - We have all taken much ridicule for fighting over the vhs of Summer Magic.  So my mom decided Dax need to start his own collection of musicals.  Here's Dax opening his gift of Hello Dolly, and trying to look excited about it... 

(Actually it is a Top Gun bluray, with a photoshopped cover. My mom thought she was very clever!)

So my birthday present of concert tickets to Daughtry/ Lifehouse and Nickelback were all seriously trumped.  Nontheless, we had a great time.


And although this was a good concert, Nickelback had them beat, hands down. Oh, and Chad Kroeger is hot, just so you know.

Happy Birthday Oldy Moldy!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Dax may of planned to be out of town on his actual birthday so he could have his party s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d way out. Fun progresive celebrations!

Laurie said...

I didn't mean to hit enter so fast. One more thing to say...your eyes look so pretty!