Friday, January 21, 2011

While Livi's away..

the boys will...

make a mess...

get suckers stuck in their hair while taking a nap...

sit in the fridge waiting for a snack...

leave nose prints on my newly washed windows...

wear mom's shoes...

leave black sticky handprints on clean walls...

wrestle with dad...

and find new uses for tools...

Now, just because Livi is away at school all day, doesn't mean she didn't get into mischief while she was a baby at home all day with mom.  Enjoy some vintage baby messes from Livi.

She really likes rice...

and spaghetti noodles...

and apparently napkins.

I know that someday I'll laugh at all the chaos these little kiddos leave behind them everywhere they go, but somedays it feels like I'm cleaning up one mess while the next one is being made.  I keep hoping we'll move out of this mess phase, but unfortunately I've been reminded that the next phase could be even worse, and really, how can you be mad at these sweet faces?

And there are somedays when I walk into a room and find this instead, and then I remember that I love being a mom, messes or not.


3 comments:

Laurie said...

Such a darling post! And, yes these are the times you will want to remember for forever.

Gage is growing up! He has always looked like Dax but WOW. Mini Dax.
I miss those little baby liv pics.

alane said...

that is too sweet. And the messes will go away...and be replaced by college applications.bah.

Jay and Kay said...

Thanks for posting this. My husband is in denial that all babies are as messy as mine... . It's just part of being a kid, right?! And all moms know that when babies are making messes, they are happy and not whining to be picked up! :)