Saturday, March 12, 2011

Love Day

  So I've decided the last couple of years that Valentine's Day is one of my new favorite holidays.  I guess the thought of dedicating a whole day to loving the ones you love is a pretty good reason to celebrate.  On top of that, I love the crafts that come with it, paper and fabric and the candy is always an added bonus.  And what a better time to have this holiday than in the midst of dreary February weather?

I saw these cute Valentine Boxes from Pottery Barn and wanted to make them for my kids.

It was fun to fill them with love notes thru the week before and gifts on Valentine's day. I'm hoping this will become a new fun tradition of telling each other what we love about them, especially as the kids get older and can write their own notes.  I wasn't fooling anyone when I wrote notes from Van.

This is Livi's Valentine's Day box she took to school.  We decided on a robot theme.
And here is the rest of the robot minion.  Remind me that this was only a good idea for one year.
Livi was really good help, for about 10 robots then she was done.  I have to admit, so was I.

Valentine's Day party, 1st grade style.






Mimi, Poppy, and Gigi came over for a fun steak and pasta dinner.  Dax had to work late, yes he was in the doghouse, but he brought me flowers, so all was forgiven.
Happy Love Day!

1 comment:

alane said...

thata rose picture is AMAZING!!
And the little robots -so cute.
So are you still making cake balls too???