to write a post about Will and Kate. But since this blog is my only feeble attempt at journaling, I figure someday down the line my kids might like to catch a glimpse of what was going on in the world while they were growing up.
And more than that, I was going to marry Prince William, or at least I thought so growing up. Let me just say my mom LOVED Princess Diana, but more on that later.
Anyway, I'm sure my kids will never remember the day the whole world stopped to watch this royal couple get married...
or how we all waited bated breath for a glimpse of Kate's dress...
and how classically beautiful she looked on the day Kate became a princess...
and how she kinda got upstaged by her sister Pippa and her elegant gown.
We watched as they climbed into their horse-drawn carriage and waved to the adoring crowds as they left the abbey, even though I heard the Kate is actually allergic to horses and wasn't thrilled about the carriage ride. Welcome to being a princess... I guess, I wouldn't know... and isn't he a pollo player? Wrong allergy to have if you're royalty and British.
And of course the much awaited kiss on the royal balcony, which I have to say kinda felt like Will was kissing his sister, but he made up for it with a second take, which was much more believable. Two kisses on the royal balcony - scandalous, and a first among all royal weddings.
And here are a couple of what we didn't get to see...
another couple of beautiful dresses
and the cake that even Dax thought was impressive...
We watched them drive off into the sunset to live happily ever after in the cute Aston Martin with the 'Learner's Permit' attached to the front, attributed to best man Harry...
Which, lets talk about that hottie for a minute. I so thought he got the raw end of the deal growing up as the second son... with red hair... talk about unlucky. But now look who's laughing, all the fame, money, and everything you could ever want, and none of the responsibility. He's got it made, and man did he grow into that red hair and that grin...
I still remember the day Princess Diana got married, my mom even stayed up to watch it(remember the days before dvr?). My mom was obsessed, and I still remember seeing that huge fuffy, for lack of a better term, dress. And the train that seemed to go on for miles.
I distinctly remember feeling sorry for her that she had to marry such a weird looking guy. I think I even remember thinking that it must be an arranged marriage! We grew up watching Princess Di, my mom read all the magazines and kept up on the royal news. So much so that we even believed the theory that Prince Harry isn't actually Charles's son. My mom and I stand firm that Diana's pollo coach bears an uncanny resemblence, and frankly, who wants to hang out with Charles anymore than you have too? I mean really talk about a bore.
You make the call...
Anyway, enough on theories. I don't want to tarnish Princess Di's reputation. As as much as I remember the day she was married, I'll never forget when and where I was the day I heard that she had died. I bet you do too.
Let's face it, Kate has some big shoes to fill, but I'm sure Princess Diana was looking down on their wedding day with joy. Happy for her son, and knowing the country is in good hands. Congrats Will and Kate.
Oh, and in other news...
Consider this history lesson complete.






















1 comment:
oh, my, goodness..I am so glad you blogged about all this. I got up at 4 am to watch and I have a DVR...I wanted to see it live.
I THINK THEY ARE DARLING....
Post a Comment