Halloween was a big hit this year. We ordered Livi's costume several weeks before Halloween, and she would come home from school nearly everyday to put it on. We for sure got our $17 worth out of this costume! Mimi helped her make her tray of goodies. Of course we picked up most everything at DI, and Livi just couldn't understand why people would give up such great stuff like serving trays, ice cream dishes and milkshake cups! She won several awards at her school carnival for most creative costume. She kept telling us how heavy her tray was and that it was making her arm tired. We kept telling her to let that be a lesson to you... stay in school!!
Yep, you guessed it, Gage was a sandwich. He couldn't make up his mind about what he wanted to be for Halloween this year, so we got online and looked up costumes. He came across a girl dressed up as a peanut butter sandwich and thought it was funny. I'm not sure that translated into, hey mom, I want to be a sandwich for Halloween, but in the end he thought it was great. He kept telling me how warm he was, Livi was a little jealous of his warm costume. He was most concerned that someone was really going to take a bite out of him. As I'm looking at the pictures, it looks like someone may actually have taken a bite along the bottom - most likely Van!
And here's Bob, as in Bob the Builder. I had great plans for Van to be a sushi roll this year. See here. But I got it started and he absolutely hated the cardboard outfit, so he decided that Bob the Builder was fantastic. He carried his tool box around asking anyone he could find for a piece of candy, 2 year olds catch on quick to trick or treating! Lucky for us 2 year old's second favorite thing about Halloween is answering the door when someone knocks, that's pretty great too!
Gage already has big plans to be Batman for Halloween next year. I guess he's tired of dressing up like food. See here. All in all a great year, but I've said it before, I'm glad it only comes around once every 365 days!











4 comments:
Yay! So glad you're back. adorable costumes, I would expect nothing less from you!
Ah, so cute. The sandwich turned out darling. We STILL love the waitress costume in our home! And, Bob the Builder seems to suit a 2 year much more!
Man,
your kids always have the BEST costumes!!!!
Mike
those costumes were AMAZING...Livi was darling and well, I think that Van is the cutest BOB I have ever seen? And that sanwich? Hmmm. Makes me hungry! And I loved the autumn party....that cake was so cute!
Post a Comment