Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Day of Blessings


So we were so lucky this year to get all of our family together at one time, in one place for lots of really fun occasions.

We started off the fun with a really early morning of church to bless Van. It always brings tears to my eyes as the most important men in my life take my sweet baby in their arms to stand together as Dax gives a name and a blessing. They are such an example to me, and to my children of what righteous men are. Dax did a wonderful job, and blessed Van with some really great things for the rest of his life. I can only hope that my sons grow up to be the men that they have been taught to be by their father, grandfather, great grandfather, and uncles. I hope that Livi will one day recognize and find a righteous man of her very own, thanks to the examples that have been set. Thank you, Dax, Dad, Phillip, Andy, Erick and Bryan for your goodness.

We all came back to the house for brunch, and visited with family and friends who dropped by and ate until we all needed naps. I know Van will never remember this day, but I will hold it dear to my heart for him. Thank you everyone to all who travelled near and far to share our day.

The Official
Van Jacobs Fujimoto


The new and improved
Fujimoto Family


Proud Dad

Extended Fujimoto Family
















Van and his uncles.

My mom made Van his blessing outfit, and a matching pair of shorts for Gage. Although, we didn't get many pictures of the kids all dressed up, they looked darling -- thanks mom, you know just how to make a day truly special.




2 comments:

Julie said...

Love all the new pictures of your family!! Your kids are so beautiful, they all have quite a bit of Asian in them.

I enjoy so much reading your blog, you have such a knack for writing. I think you should make it a career of it!

Laurie said...

I just love it. I agree this day is always truly special, very emotional and spirtual. So thankful for the priesthood and the many blessings that come our way. I love your "new and improved" family pic. It's hard to imagine that just a few weeks ago sweet Van wasn't pictured...glad he's here!