Saturday, June 6, 2009

Hospital Days





So here are just a few more pics of our days at the hospital before we brought Van home. We had lots of visitors, and I got lots of rest to prepare me for the days ahead. I always enjoy my stay at the hospital with my babies and stay as long as they will let me. It is my time to really get to know and love on my new baby, and especially with Van, I really had to meet him and fall in love with my new little man. I just love the one on one I get to enjoy before I bring them home to the craziness that is our life.




Here's his first bath.


All clean and warm.

Speaking of crazies, here they are in their new t-shirts that I stayed up late the night before I went to the hospital to make for them. Oh, and yes, Liv is wearing make-up thanks to a fun day at Mimi's waiting for the baby to come. My mom took them to the park before she brought them up to meet the baby, hoping they'd run off some energy before coming up to the quiet hospital - no such luck...












Here are a few of the other visitors that came up to meet our new little guy.






Andy and Saramarie also came by, and Krista, and of course my mom, although she managed to stay behind the camera, but truly Van's biggest fan was his Poppy. My dad's office is only a few blocks from the hospital, and he managed to sneak away every day and come visit, sometimes to see me, but mostly to see his newest grandson.




So we stayed until the very last minute, which is what it usually takes for us to finally decide on a name (and we've learned that even that isn't enough time!). And soon enough it's time to go home -- off we go to start your new life!



4 comments:

Julie said...

Breya and Dax,

Your new baby boy is so cute...how I forget them being so small! Glad that Livi and Gage love being a big sister and brother! Hope everything is going well for you!!

Love, the Workmans

Erick and Megan said...

Great new picture! I love the ones of dad in his suit with Van. They are so sweet! Dad is a sucker for babies!

Laurie said...

Ah, my heart is breaking...I want to come visit. Wishing I was one of visitors in the hospital. I need to come see that precious babe for myself. Thanks for the pics.

Laurie said...

forgot to add:
We miss you guys like crazy!