Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Tradition

So every year since I can remember on Christmas Eve we have acted out the Christmas story as we read it from Luke. This year my mom rewrote our Christmas pageant and searched out costumes for everyone and gave everyone a part. There was musical numbers and a great acting effort made by all.

I'm glad every year to take the time to read this miraculous story and remember why we celebrate. Thanks mom for a great screenplay. Hopefully as the years go by we will only add more wise men, shepherds and angels to our cast. I love traditions.

Mary and Joseph: played by Andy and Saramarie

Angels: played by Livi, Jenny, Melanie and Breya

Shepherd: played by Gage

Elizabeth: played by Mimi

Duet: Stars Were Gleaming, Livi and Mimi

Wise Men: played by Dax and tired Van

Narrator/Wise Man/Zacharias: played by Poppy


Angel Gabriel: played by Phillip

Camera Crew/Shepherd: Gager


After some more Christmas songs, a reading of Twas the Night Before Christmas, and some yummy eggrolls and sweet and sour chicken, we were off to bed so Santa could come.



Or at least some of us were, we of course had to make an emergency trip to the 24 hour Emergency Animal Care Center with an anemic cat who kept passing out and pooping on the floor. Fantastic. Three hours and $500 later we got ourselves a cat for Christmas. This is one gift I did NOT ask for from the jolly guy. Whattya do? Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Looks like a wonderful night. I am sure your mom was so happy and proud to have all her kids and grandkids home for the holidays. I love traditions, and I think this is the best way to celebrate Christmas Eve.

P.S Dax looks thrilled to be dressed up in costume.

Fujitales said...

Yeah, Dax always loves a good reason to put on a graduation gown and burger king crown!

laurie said...

You sure use the term "wise man" loosely! Sweet outfit Dax. At least you didn't have to don the Burger King crown. Oh wait, you did!

Love,

Jeffrey