Saturday, June 26, 2010

Oreo.

No, not the cookie...

Meet the newest member of the Fujimoto Farm.  We went to the hatchery to buy Poppy some new baby chicks for Father's Day and wound up bringing home a baby bunny. Go figure.  But you try telling these brown eyes no...

So far Livi has been a great little mom, she takes great care of him and has been the most popular girl on the street.  Everyone wants to play with Oreo.

And here's my other farmer Gage, feeding the baby chicks (oh yeah, we did get some of those too, not for us, for Poppy).

He was so gentle and sweet to these chicks, we babysat them for a couple of days before the surprise on Father's Day, and Gage was in charge.  We would check on them before he went to bed, and come into the garage to check on them again first thing in the morning.  He would give me a running status on what they were upto, and even now wants to know what they are doing at Poppy's house.

Just for the record, I think I have enough little animals running around this house.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Oreo is very cute! Hope you can maintain your sanity. Just for the record...I LOVE the baby chicks and so does Avery (although, I am glad they are not mine)

Erick and Megan said...

Oh I have been wondering about Oreo!

Krissy said...

You are a much nicer mom than I am!

Alane said...

ah...we had bunnies when we were little. Just don't mistake those little brown thingys for raisens...I'm just sayin.

Anna Beal said...

Love the name! So cute.