Sunday, June 13, 2010

Spring Spectacular



So just in case you thought we had a leisurely quiet spring, one filled with long lazy weekends, you are wrong... dead wrong.  Here's our spring in a nutshell:

Spring Soccer



Livi just loved soccer and really caught on fast.  The first few games she was pretty timid, and just kinda ran with the pack, never really kicking the ball, but by the end she was getting in there and kicking the ball as hard as she could.  She scored her first goal near the end of the season, but really excelled at defense.  She was always the first one to run down the field ahead of the ball and 'clean house', keeping the ball out of her zone.  Her coaches were great, and I'm happy to say I'm finally a soccer mom.


Here are the fans


Since Dax had been traveling so much including weekends, we decided to take the kids for a 'hotel weekend'.  We booked a room at a nearby hotel with a pool, and let the kids swim, stay up late and watch cartoons and eat ice cream in bed.  All the things that are forbidden at home.  The kids had a great time, and as parents we learned quickly why it's important to have kids in different rooms.  Gage coughed all night and kept waking Van up, so around 3:30 am I called it and drove Van home to sleep in his own bed for the rest of the night. The kids slept in and went for a morning swim before I joined them for breakfast.  The kids still talk about that fun night, and point out the hotel every time we drive past it.


Spring Dance


The morning of her dance recital was also the morning of her last soccer game and soccer party.  Of course, it was a rainy cold morning as we raced from dress rehearsal, to the soccer game, and back to the recital to redo hair and make-up, then out to the restuarant for pizza and soccer trophies.  It was a crazy day, but we managed to make it all work.

Here's a blury picture of Livi getting her soccer trophy.  She's so proud of it and wanted to know if her dad would build a case with a light in it just for her trophy!

We flew kites...

we caught bugs...

we watched the baby birds grow in Poppy's tree...
Van played the piano and did lots of swinging...
We took the dumb cat to the vet... again
 and we helped Poppy plant our tomatoes.

We had a story about some ducks:

Some ducks came to our house to hang out one afternoon.  They eventually got scared of all the loud noise at our house and decided to go across the street to find a quieter resting place.  The kiddies didn't like that, they wanted the ducks at our house, so they came and got bread to put in the street to coax them back.  I had no faith in their plan.

I was wrong.
We played with our neighbors that kinda look like us...

we helped dad mow the lawn...

mom posed for one picture...
then made the kiddos pose for the rest.
(I made this shirt for Liv)


All in all it's been a crazy spring, and if this first week of school being out is any indicator, summer isn't shaping up to be lazy either.  Bring it on!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

love Livi in her soccer uni. She looks like a pro. I love spring time because of all of these things...makes for a busy time of life but, I wouldn't trade any of it.

Great post.

Krissy said...

so much to comment about...soccer, dance, i love that she wants her own trophy case, and I love that she still has a cute little ribbon in her hair while playing soccer :) the shirt turned out so cute! Busy busy spring. Bring on the busy busy summer!

Erick and Megan said...

Whoa! You are a soccer mom! I love that Livi rocks a bow when she is playing soccer! That's like Lily with a hot pink flower on top of her hair in the pool the other day (a lady was commenting on it!) Very cute shirt you made! Wish I could have seen the dancing!