Thursday, June 24, 2010

Weekend Project

So I was inspired by this blog that I stalk, and this girl put a slate floor down in her front room.  I thought to myself, I have a front room that I absolutely hate the carpet in, why don't I lay down some slate?  Easy enough right?  Well, just for the record, it's a lot more time intensive than you might think, but I think it was well worth it.
Here's the before, and my demo crew:

and the after:


7 comments:

Alicia said...

Breya, that floor is GORGEOUS! Wow, wow, wow!

If you're not careful, people will be hiring Dax. Better put together a price sheet :)

Jami said...

LOVE it!! Totally worth all the work (pass that along to Dax). Can't wait to see it in person.

Laurie said...

Ah, I totally love it! Love, Love, Love. Good job, Dax. We have a lot of household jobs that we need to hire out...Hmm, maybe Dax to the rescue.

Erick and Megan said...

Whoa! How did I not know this was a project?? It is beautiful!

Krissy said...

Gorgeous! now come decorate my house, pretty please!

Alane said...

WOWZA.....that is amazing! And your demo crew...pretty handsome.

Fujitales said...

What's this Dax crap?! Give me some credit, I spent more hours on my hands and knees caulking and sealing and scrubbing mastic off of every tile, than Dax did slapping mud on the back and laying them down!!

This is definately a lesson in brains vs. brawn. He just does what I tell him, sometimes twice when he does it wrong the first time.