Thursday, September 23, 2010

Baby to Toddler

I don't know why I have such a hard time cutting my little boys' hair (is that the proper use of an apostrophe?).  Dax doesn't get it either.  It kills me everytime, and I put off that first haircut way too long. See here.  There's just something about that baby hair that keeps them a baby just a little longer in a mom's heart.  I just want to hang on for dear life. Apparently, dad's do not.

His hair was in his eyes, and he'd been called a girl just one too many times.  It had to go...


Van didn't cry a bit.  I, on the other hand, cried like a baby...


I don't care if I sound cheesy, your new hair cut makes you big, and I'll cry if I want to, even if you are the cutest dang thing I've ever met.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Aww simply precious! The pic in the chair is absolutely adorable. I'm with Dax, I always want the haircut. However, I do understand wanting to hang on to the "baby". He is a big boy now and melting hearts! (at least he still has his bottle.)

alane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alane said...

duh...can't seem to spell right!
I was almost sniffing a bit myself here. Ask your mom how long it took her to cut Phils curls off!
He is still a darling baby...

Joy said...

Well put!