Sunday, September 12, 2010

Going, going...gone

So do you notice anything missing?  
Okay, so I said that her birthday, Redfish Lake, and the first day of school were the most anticipated days of the summer.  I was wrong, dead wrong.  Losing your first tooth is a way bigger deal!


She lost her tooth and immediately called Mimi to tell her the good news, and of course Mimi was all prepared with a Tooth Fairy Kit.  She came right over and read the story about how tooth fairies came to be, and helped her get the tooth in the pouch and under her pillow, and get the little light set up in her window so the tooth fairy knew which house to come to, and she was set.


Since I didn't feel like I got a great picture of her on the night she lost it, I asked for a reshoot the next day and realized how loose the next tooth was.  I knew it wouldn't be long before the tooth fairy would need to make another appearance. (Yes, she is wearing pink eyeshadow, because what 6 year old doesn't?)


Sure enough, before I could even get the first pictures posted (she's been checking my blog everyday) she lost another tooth.




The best part about losing her second tooth is that it happened at school.  This is a very big deal in the first grade world.  You get sent to see the school nurse (also very awesome) and she puts your tooth in a little tooth case and you get to wear it around your neck all day.  It is very exciting and important!


She was a little nervous that the tooth fairy wouldn't find her since we were headed up to Tamarack to spend the weekend with some friends (more on that later), but sure enough the tooth fairy came through in a pinch, making it all the more magical!

Her favorite thing these days is to put a straw between the hole in her teeth to drink.  It really is the coolest way to drink, and this is how Gage feels about the  whole situation...


once in a while you just need to have a good fit, and well, Gage is a pro.  

7 comments:

Bournes said...

Congrats Livi!! I'm glad the tooth fairy found you while you were out of town! That tooth fairy is very talented!

Poor Gage! Hopefully he doesn't get any crazy ideas on how to 'help' those teeth come out!

mommaj said...

Congrats oh toothless one! I am glad I read your post because I am getting pointer from the pro (mimmie) on what grandma's are supposed to do for missing teeth!

mommaj said...

I thought I had better let you know, I am not a creeper--it's your Aunt Stephanie aka mommaj. :D

alane said...

well, I would say that mommaj is a little creepy...she is the youngest sis..Ha...but REALLY CONGRATS to Livi for looking oh so cool! I love that tootlhess look! My condolences to Gager.

Julie said...

LIVI! Congrats on you losing your 2 teeth,. especially the one at school!

I love Gage, what a cutie!

Erick and Megan said...

Oh she looks darling sans 2 teeth! Perfect for a straw if you ask me! I love that tooth necklace and I have got to find one of those fairy lights!

Brenda said...

Hey Miss Alivia!!! Wow, I bet you have the best smile of the whole family!! Can't believe that you are loosing your teeth - but what fun. I am glad that you got a special necklace to keep your tooth in while at school. We did not have those when Grand MA MA was in school. We just had to be careful and keep it in our pocket. Did you have a day off from school or where you not feeling well today???

Love Grand MA MA